Goulding Rocket/ Sport Rocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goulding Rocket/ Sport Rocket

The last few weeks I have had the chance to compare side by side my Goulding rocket to a friends sport rocket.

I am still trying to determine the year of it, I was told that it came off of a 48 panhead going by what little information that there is about them and what I do have for them one being the Goulding book another an original dealer advertisement flyer with price list attached to it.

On page #3 of the book there is a 47 Knucklehead with Goulding all purchased new from the Robinsons, the front lower frame mount is the same as mine but the Sport Rocket frame has a wider front section for the frame.

The foot rest in the body's also differ from each other.

The fender support rod's also are different but my rocket has the solid wheel with no brake and the sport rocket is a spoked wheel with brakes.
    Rocket front lower mount.jpgSport rocket front lower mount 1.jpgrocket foot rest 1.jpgsport rocket foot rest1.jpgRocket fender brace.jpg
    Last edited by Chuck#1848; 05-10-2014, 08:06 AM.
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

And the Sport rocket fender braceSport fender brace.jpg
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Chuck,
      To add to our Rocket mystery, my early sport Rocket has the same foot rest as your Std.Rocket. Does your visitor have a cast foot plate?

Comment

Working...
      X