IRON HORSE CORRAL = EXCUSES and NO SERVICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRON HORSE CORRAL = EXCUSES and NO SERVICE

I called and placed a order on 5 DEC 2013 for a 1939 Chief fender and paid in full with credit card and was told it would be ready around Mid-Jan. I waited and waited, ready to I continue my build up with a nice fender. Mid January came and went, no calls, no e-mails, nothing happened. On 22 January 2014 I called to inquire about the status and was told "It has been hectic and we are very busy, we will get it done in a couple of weeks."

I waited a whole month, much longer than "a couple of weeks" like I was told. I received No calls, no e-mails, and again nothing happened. So on February 26 2014 I called asking about my fender and again the same excuse was used "It has been hectic and we are very busy, we will get it done in a couple of weeks." I told them I also had a '46 Chief that needed tins and they wanted that order too. I told them one bike at a time. I came away from that call with the distinct impression that my single fender order was to small for them to be overly concerned with. I did not say so because I really wanted my '39 fender to build my Bobber.

By the time late March rolled around still I had nothing, no calls, no e-mails, no fender. I don't know what "A COUPLE OF WEEKS" in California time is but where I am from if you give your word and take a man's money then you should at least try to give some measure of customer service, but I got NOTHING, no calls,no e-mails no fender. Do you sense a pattern forming? I did.

I called again on 22 March 2014 and let them know I was very anxious to get my fender and continue my build in hopes of a summer finish and I wanted a firm date on when this fender would be shipped. (NOT UNREASONABLE SINCE IT HAS BEEN DELAYED TWICE ALREADY) This time there story changed I was told It will only take a couple of hours to jig this up and knock it out, We will get this done in a couple of days and get it out to you. We are sorry but it has been so busy here at the shop.

So what is a couple of days? I am very sure it is a whole lot shorter than a couple of weeks, but then a couple of weeks seems to be more than a month when dealing with IHC. So I waited and hoped that they could at least get this done. I waited the entire month of April without calling and NOTHING... NO FENDER, NO CALLS, NO E-MAILS FROM IHC.

One delay, I understand, Two delays, OK I really want this I'll make and exception. THREE is nothing but poor service to the customer and a lack of organization within the shop. Orders should be filled in the way they are received, first come first served or at least some measure of service should be given, a discount or call to explain or something to keep customers in the loop. In 5 months I am sure that IRC has finished many orders, why was mine pushed back to the bottom of the pile more than once? I was not demanding or rude, I did not call more than once in any 30 day period. Can a paying customer get some form of service here???

I am tried of being lied to by IHC and called my credit card company to dispute the payment since no product was received. I tried for 3 days to cancel my order using the online CONTACT IHC feature on their website, but IT DOES NOTHING. I called today asking for the owner and was told he was away until next week. I asked for the person in charge of the shop after a minute he found my order sheet. I said I am not paying for excuses and since IHC cannot finish my fender I was stopping payment. He did not seem concerned at all and acted as if he did not care about my business, he said he would tell the owner and hung up on me. I ASK YOU WHO READ THIS, IS THIS SERVICE THAT YOU WOULD PUT UP WITH FROM ANY COMPANY?

I know that IHC spend advertising money with AMCA and supposedly their products are of high quality. I and sure they have they have many members who will jump to their defense and tell me just how great they are. The bottom line is they took my money and gave me nothing but excuses in return and that is the reason I am writing this review. It has been 5 months and I am still out the money and nothing to show for it.
    Boone member #15941
    1946 Chief Basket builder
    1939/47 Chief Bobber
    1953 Blackhawk Chief
    1997 HD Roadking

I have seen several fenders from Iron Horse. None of them were built in a "jig". They were all curved or out of square. They build horrible fenders !

Comment

Americanrider!

I won't pass judgement upon Iron Horse Corral, but I have associates that turned to 'them' after purchasing worse productions, and were satisfied.

(My own perspective is to refuse advance payments.
      That way, I have no refunds!)

OldMCRider!

If you can tell if a fender was assembled in a "jig" or not, does that mean you are capable of producing fenders? We hope you will.

Most experienced Indian enthusiasts know that even a "factory" fender that fits one machine is lucky beyond odds to fit another, as each was tweaked upon assembly.
      Expecting modern pieces to be pre-drilled and perfect ignores History.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotten, I have been to Matts shop. He assembles fenders on a bench without any jig or fixture.

Comment

That is the absolute worse service I have EVER heard of. I have had some slow service from suppliers but nothing like that and they did not charge my card until they shipped the product. It amazes me how people like this can stay in business, I am glad I don't need indian fenders, thanks, Larry

Comment

So OldMCrider!

Are you certain that the Wigwam did?

Technique aside,..
            Let us hope Polaris didn't make him cease and desist.

....Cotten
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-08-2014, 02:55 PM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Sounds like IHC is associated with that idiot from Hummer Emporium.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Jennings View Post
                Sounds like IHC is associated with that idiot from Hummer Emporium.
                I heard (from a friend who has been to his shop) that he is a one-man operation, has project bikes that prove his craftsmanship as well as what we've seen at his meet booths in parts. I think his sheet metal work has been sold through most of our Indian parts dealers. I've seen him at a few of our road runs and talked to him, briefly.

I hope this works out for you.

Comment

I personally think a vendor should also have the chance to give their side of an issue. I don't doubt your experience; but from my experience, there are always two sides to a story.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

I welcome IHC to comment or reply, I have heard nothing from them in any way, call e-mail or letter. I am still waiting for my refund as of today 5-20-14.
                    Boone member #15941
                    1939/47 Chief Bobber
                    1953 Blackhawk Chief
                    1997 HD Roadking

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                      I personally think a vendor should also have the chance to give their side of an issue. I don't doubt your experience; but from my experience, there are always two sides to a story.
                      Memory's getting pretty foggy, but seems the club used to have some kind of a conflict resolution go-to guy. (is that my imagination?) Not sure if the target problems were vendor/buyer or if they were a-hole vs a-hole. Regardless, arbitration can't be an easy task without civil discourse and willing participants. If we once had a named arbitrator I wouldn't be surprised if the position was phased out due to poor batting averages.

Comment

Phil,
                        You are correct. The AMCA has a Consumer Affairs section to deal with this type of situation. If there is a dispute between two AMCA Members over a transaction or service, Consumer Affairs was designed to allow the Club to mediate, not arbitrate, disputes of this kind. Both sides must agree to mediate. The Member with a complaint states it in writing to the Consumer Affairs Director (Currently Fred Davis) and he forwards the complaint to the other party and requests a written response. That response is sent to the other party. The director then attempts to get both sides to talk and hopefully resolve the matter amicably. Yes, there are usually two sides to a story. The Forum is not the place to resolve such disputes. AMCA Policy encourages Members to use Consumer Affairs and not the Forum to air disputes. Of course, both sides must agree to mediation for this process to work. Its worth a try at least in this case.
                        Richard
                        Richard Spagnolli
                        AMCA #6153

Comment

The money was refunded by my credit card after an investigation by card services. They did not say anything else nor have I heard anything from IHC.
                          Boone member #15941
                          1939/47 Chief Bobber
                          1953 Blackhawk Chief
                          1997 HD Roadking

Comment

Working...
                          X