Judging Question Related to Paint Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging Question Related to Paint Color

Are points deducted for a non-original color repaint?

What about a period or year correct color but not the original color?

How is original color determined for judging purposes? I cannot find a VIN specific color reference for motorcycles 1969 and older and my state does not record or collect vehicle color.

If the bike is an original unrestored example the original paint must be on all the pieces. On a restored example any factory supplied color is OK regardless of whether it came that way or not. Non documented period colors are not allowed and are subject to a 6 point deduction. Documented period colors as special ordered are allowed with proper documentation, such as the original order form, dealer correspondence regarding the special color, etc.
    All the info is in the judging guidelines handbook, available as a pdf on the main site, a link to which is at the bottom of this page.
    Last edited by Rubone; 05-02-2014, 04:21 PM.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank you for the response. I found the guidelines and read the section on paint.

I am restoring a 1968 XLH. Am I correct that the repaint can be Sparkling Blue which was a 1968 color or Sparkling Turquoise a 1970 color without points deduction for color? With either choice the tank will have the black wrinkle racing stripe with 1/4 " Birch White pin stripes.

What is the correct width of the black racing stripe?

Comment

Am I correct that the repaint can be Sparkling Blue which was a 1968 color or Sparkling Turquoise a 1970 color without points deduction for color?
        No, it cannot be a color that was not available in '68.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
        X