new guy from Oceanside ny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy from Oceanside ny

Greetings. I am looking forward to learning some new things and meeting new people. I have a 1965 Panhead. Paddy Malloy

Welcome Paddy! Late Pans are nice machines...wouldn't happen to have a photo of your bike that you could post?
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

thank you I shall try to post a picture

Comment

Comment

harry could you tell me how to get a picture in the avatar like you did ,I cant seem to get it , Paddy

Comment

Paddy, whoa....I had to go figure that trick out again! if you're logged in, upper right is "settings"' click that, next page gives you some menu choices on the LH side of the screen, one of them is "edit avatar". Click that and I think from there it's self explanatory.

Really nice looking Pan you've got there!

Comment

thanks harry, I just put the correct top windshield on it, but REALLY want to find a set a OEM 5 gallon tanks for it. I tried that avatar edit I did the photo bucket thing . To no avail. says invalid file???

Comment

Originally posted by paddy View Post
                says invalid file???
                ... and your file's not too big? Needs to be 128 x 128 pixels or 19.5kb maximum size... could be the source of the "invalid file" message.

Comment

okay I'm going to have to try to figure out how to do that maybe have to get in touch with my lab technician

Comment

Comment

I can not figure out how to reduce the size of the picture. It seem s ok when I just paste it on the message window?? Here is the other side of the 65

Comment

Hello Paddy, and welcome. Your '65 is beautiful, and you must ride it alot if you're looking for 5 gal. tanks. Personally, I think it looks perfect with the 3.5s. Regarding your avatar; have you tried attaching the picture directly from a picture file in your documents, and not going through Photobucket?
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

Eric. Thank you.I did not try that due to the fact that on the other sites it never let me do it but I'm going to try it now that you mention it when I get home.I'm just looking to go to five gallon tanks because that was the signature for 1965 3 and a half gallon tanks look nice but actually sitting on the bike they feel a little small for me I'm 6 foot 3 280 pounds and I actually had to put highway pegs on the crash bars which I really don't like to do .just sitting to far foward with the deluxe solo seat. I had sent my buddy seat down to chucknjo at the saddleshop and from my understanding its going to be a five month wait so I put the highway pegs on just to be halfway comfortable as myknees don't bend all the way from a construction accident years ago.that bike is mainly my Sunday rider As I am usually out fishing when weather permits and the fish are there of course. Paddy

Comment

Paddy, If you were on a Macintosh I would tell you to open the photo in Preview, then go to Tools, then Adjust Size... then simply keep shrinking it down 'til it's 19kb or less. then upload it from you computer instead of one of the photo sites. But I don't know how things would work on a PC.... sort of like taking an Indian guy and asking him about Harleys!

Comment

Working...
                            X