New member from central Pa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from central Pa.

Hello, Been a AMCA member for only a yr. I've been riding motorcycles since the mid 60's. At the present time I own four genny shovels ( the illusive pan/shovels ) and also a 72 FX. I recently acquired an unmolested 1967FLH that has been sitting in a garage for 23 yrs.
    1967 FLH
    1968 FLH
    1968 FLH
    1972 FX

Hey, Bid Ed, welcome to the AMCA. PA has three AMCA Chapters, check them out, make some new friends. All addresses on page 96 of your latest magazine. Perkiomen meet at the end of the month is always a great time. Fred.
    Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Welcome Big Ed!

Fred!

I just checked out page 96 and only got confused.

The nearest chapter to my central Illinois home now seems to be in... West Virginia.

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotton, looks like Lincoln Heritage Chapter in Owensboro, KY or Prairie Chapter in the Chicago area are the closest to central Illinois. (numbers 24 & 25)
        I see that #26 appears on the map in two places on the map. I'll try to have this corrected for the next edition. Sorry for the confusion. Fred.
        Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Where abouts are ya? I'm in McVeytown.

Comment

I see those Fred!

What is confusing is the #26 for the Mountain State Chapter was also placed so much nearer to me.

....Cotten
            PS: If there was serious interest in starting an AMCA "cell" in my region, I would be more than happy to host a gathering.
            With all due respects to the Prairie Chapter, Chicago traffic is just not an option for me.
            PPS: hddoctor!
            I'm afraid I am not familiar with "McVeytown", as I have never been farther East than Wauseon (and I had to "hitch" both ways.)
            I am upriver from Peoria about a half-an-hour.
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-02-2014, 01:39 PM.
            AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
              Hey, Bid Ed, welcome to the AMCA. PA has three AMCA Chapters, check them out, make some new friends. All addresses on page 96 of your latest magazine. Perkiomen meet at the end of the month is always a great time. Fred.
              Fred, Thanks for the welcome.
              I went to the Perkiomen meet last yr. I'm might be able to make it down there this yr.
              1967 FLH
              1968 FLH
              1968 FLH
              1972 FX

Comment

Cotten, Thanks for the welcome.
                Last edited by Big Ed; 04-02-2014, 10:54 PM.
                1967 FLH
                1968 FLH
                1968 FLH
                1972 FX

Comment

Mr. Cotton. It only takes eight AMCA members to start a new Chapter. Paperwork is fairly easy. I'll be happy to help you or any AMCA member to begin a new Chapter in your area. Feel free to call or email regarding the requirements.
                  419-929-0291 or frednan2@gmail.com.
                  Fred Davis, AMCA, Director of Chapters.
                  Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Originally posted by hogchild71 View Post
                    Mr. Cotton. It only takes eight AMCA members to start a new Chapter. Paperwork is fairly easy. I'll be happy to help you or any AMCA member to begin a new Chapter in your area. Feel free to call or email regarding the requirements.
                    419-929-0291 or frednan2@gmail.com.
                    Fred Davis, AMCA, Director of Chapters.
                    Fred!

Although I would be happy to host a gathering, it is entirely up to the initiative of members in my region. I haven't the time nor resources myself to become an officer or organizer, nor even to beat the bushes for members.

...Cotten
                    AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                    X