2013 Tumbleweed MC Vintage Motorcycle Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Tumbleweed MC Vintage Motorcycle Show

We had close to 400 vintage bikes roll in. We hope to have a lot more in 2014.

941782_143408535844542_31hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh2510035_n.jpgt'weed show 2013 009.jpg954621_10200591865110623_1508072847_n.jpg943659_10200591873390830_1490316830_n.jpg421323_10200591515421881_1682412161_n.jpg

Always buying Massachusetts Motorcycle License Plates. 1903 - 1961 -------------

Looking for any vintage Tumbleweed Motorcycle Club stuff

e-mail me at cashpaid@verizon.net

More photos.941542_150237125161683_111042669_n.jpgt'weed show 2013 013.jpg249173_10200591868990720_1912357533_n.jpg1779265_10202242506095616_1210863413_n.jpg1011201_10202242570217219_1667094371_n.jpg

Always buying Massachusetts Motorcycle License Plates. 1903 - 1961 -------------

Comment

How did a motorcycle club in Massachusetts get a name like Tumbleweed? Looks like you have a great meet there and well worth a visit. Perhaps you could post pictures of the 2014 meet.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        Perhaps you could post pictures of the 2014 meet.
        Sometime the first week of June would be fine... Thanks for the pics... It's looks like last years turnout was pretty decent.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
          Sometime the first week of June would be fine... Thanks for the pics... It's looks like last years turnout was pretty decent.
          It was a great show!

Comment

How did a motorcycle club in Massachusetts get a name like Tumbleweed? Looks like you have a great meet there and well worth a visit. Perhaps you could post pictures of the 2014 meet.
            Here is a link to some of the info.

http://oldfartridersofmass.com/?page_id=1178
            ************************************************** *****************

Comment

I was fortunate to attend the show last year. I'm hoping you do it again this year. Some beautiful bikes there. It was nice to tallk to some of the people about thier bikes. I was talking to one gentlemen about his Indian and he told me a story about when he was a kid, he and his father were at the local dump and a guy threw away a 1930's Indian because he was done with it. Brings to mind the old adage "if we knew then"
              Nothing like the feeling of towing home a new bike.

Comment

This year should be even better!

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                I was fortunate to attend the show last year. I'm hoping you do it again this year. Some beautiful bikes there. It was nice to tallk to some of the people about thier bikes. I was talking to one gentlemen about his Indian and he told me a story about when he was a kid, he and his father were at the local dump and a guy threw away a 1930's Indian because he was done with it. Brings to mind the old adage "if we knew then"

Comment

In 1939, Lawrence (Monty) Moneghan and Gerald Bullock took off on their brand new motorcycles and headed west. At that time roads were rough, mostly dirt, but being free with the wind in their faces made the ride worth it. They loved the freedom of the road and were like two tumbleweeds drifting in the wind. Legend has it that one night while sitting around a campfire, they decided that when they returned home they would form a club so that others could enjoy the freedom and the wind of the motorcycle rides. So in 1940, they formed a club and called it – what else? – THE TUMBLEWEED MOTORCYCLE CLUB.
                  That first year, membership started with Monty (Lawrence Moneghan), Jerry (Gerald Bullock), Arthur Van Cor, Joseph Tautkas, Hans Josephson and Francis Paradise. There may have been more members but their names have been lost to time. That was a great year, word got out and more people wanted to ride with THE TUMBLEWEED MOTORCYCLE CLUB. By 1942, there were about 30 members.
                  The Club was now more than just a group of riders, it was becoming a social club as well. In 1946, the Club became a corporation. The Great Seal of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts was stamped on the paperwork on December 13, 1946 and was signed by Frederic W. Cook, Secretary of the Commonwealth. THE TUMBLEWEED MOTORCYCLE CLUB, INC. was now official. They had meetings at the Bridgewater Fair Grounds and then a place off of Rt. 106 until taxes and vandalism forced them to close the clubhouse and meet at homes and restaurants, which they still do today.
                  THE TUMBLEWEED MOTORCYCLE CLUB was the first in the area to hold motorcycle scramble events. There were turkey runs, poker runs and field meets. The best meets were at Stella’s restaurant on Rt. 106 and also in Monty’s backyard. The attraction of the day was to watch Big Al Mackinaw scramble through a barrel, hop back onto his 74 and race to the finish, and the famous Monty Memorial Timed Run was always a good way to honor Club founder Monty Moneghan. Trophies were awarded for the most most miles ridden, longest trip taken and other events. As the years went on and the Club grew, Monty’s backyard was getting too small so some of the bigger meets were held at the Brockton Fair Grounds. They also had bowling outings, Halloween parties and chicken barbecues, plus a ham and bean supper, which has become an annual tradition. And there was always a holiday party at the end of the riding season.
                  Club membership peaked in the 1960′s, but as Club members grew older, few new members came in. It just seemed that by the end of the ’90′s the Club was fading away. If it wasn’t for the annual Christmas dinner and Bob and Betty Ames’ annual cook out, they might have dissolved. They still held meetings and did some rides, but by the late ’90′s there were only about 19 active members. One member, Charles “Beecher” Inman, decided the Club was going to die out if something wasn’t done soon, so he set out to find new members. He started to ride with a small group who seemed to appreciate riding old motorcycles and the spirit of the old ways. He knew this group of riders would keep the tradition alive – the Club was about to be reborn. In 2004, President Jim Slade held a reorganization meeting. With new faces present and talk about the old days and the future, THE TUMBLEWEED MOTORCYCLE CLUB was on its way again.
                  We are registered with the American Motorcycle Association as an Historic Motorcycle Club, 70 years old and growing again. We remember with reverence the many good members that have passed on and the many good times shared among members over the past 70 years. Then and now we would like to thank Monty and Gerald Bullock for starting something more than just a club.
                  Dave Neault, President

Comment

Is there a date for the 2015 show? I thought I saw it posted somewhere but now I cant find it.

Comment

Is there a date for the 2015 show? I thought I saw it posted somewhere but now I cant find it.
                      Yes. June 7th.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

The sign is up!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm looking forward to the show on Sunday!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the show on Sunday!
                              It'll be a great time!

Comment

Working...
                              X