New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Just a quick intro - I've been an AMCA member for a while, but just recently started using the forum. Been riding and working on moorsickles since 1970 (I was 11). I blame it on Danny Liska, he was also from Nebraska, from a town just north of here, and in 1970 he came to my school and gave slide show on his ride from northern Alaska to southern Argentina. I went home that night and told my mom I'm getting a motorcycle. She wasn't pleased about that! My dads strategy was to make sure my bikes were junk so I had to wrench more than ride...

My style now is more 'repair and ride' rather than full restorations. It's OK for old stuff to look old. Lately I've been working mostly on bikes from the '60s but now I've struck a deal on something older - more on that later.

I'm pretty regular at some of the AMCA and AMA vintage swap meets, so I may have met some of you mugs in person, who knows. Bike people are the best. I generally go to the Omaha Chapter meet in Fremont, The Waseon meet, the Blackhawk meet in Davenport, and the AMA vintage meet at Mid-Ohio, among others. To be honest I wasn't even aware of this forum, or if I was I had forgotten. I'm happy to see how active it is, and I'm looking forward to participating.

Last edited by Shaky Jake; 03-16-2014, 11:14 AM.
    Kevin
    https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Welcome to The Forum, Jake, too few members know about it.
    I think the magazine should advertise it more, rather than just mentioning it occasionally, more members could and should be involved.
    I usually go directly to the forum, New Posts and/or Activity Stream to see what's being discussed most recently.
    I've not had much luck "searching" anything here, generally do better with google...which often leads me right back here!
    Tons of good information on here, very knowledgeable folks and great photos.
    Speakin' of photos, show us yours!
    Rich

Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you are hopelessly hooked like the rest of us. You'll fit in fine here...
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Welcome Jake.
        As you can see some of us have been here for some time by our "Join date" and wish we had more folks participate. It was real lonely in the early days of the forum.
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
        X