Forgot to introduce myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to introduce myself

I'm new here.........just signed up as an AMCA member for the first time. Working on a '49FL right now.
    I'm in Carson City, NV

Looks like some great information on here. I can't wait to learn more about old motorsickles.

Cheers,

Mark

Welcome! Are you restoring it to ride? or are you going for a bike restoration for judging? Just wondering...
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      Welcome! Are you restoring it to ride? or are you going for a bike restoration for judging? Just wondering...
      Hi Jim,

It's gonna be a rider. It's gonna be far from worthy of being called a restoration. It started with a titled '49 motor...........damaged 4-speed ratchet top........and a '53 frame in pretty good shape.

I'm building a rider out of as many OEM parts I can snag from buddies, shops, swaps, internet, etc.

Comment

Welcome to the AMCA Mark. You're building your '49 the right way because finding the parts, and doing your own work will be more rewarding than buying a finished bike. Have fun, and keep us posted on your progress.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Here's a link to the build if you guys are interested:

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=101541

Comment

Welcome Mark!

I would like to view your build, but that forum barred me for starting my posts with a !

Seriously.

Your photos are visible here, of course.

....Cotten
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-07-2014, 03:12 PM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Welcome! Neat looking machine.

Rode in Carson city c. 2010 and loved that place. The Nevada Mint and the Nevada History Museum were both first rate, as were the roads. Can't remember the hotel we stayed at, but it was some historic place downtown. Such a neat, friendly town with great riding roads in the area. For anyone looking for great western riding... Carson City will not disappoint!

One of my favorite pictures from the trip:

Look forward to updates from your build/restoration.

Cheers, Sirhr
              Last edited by sirhrmechanic; 03-07-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Mark- I picked up a great idea from you already! I have the same Harbor Fright lift, but see how you added square tube to the front wheel clamp! Great move.

Thanks for the posts.

Dan
                Dan Margolien
                Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                Www.yankeechapter.org
                Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanM View Post
                  Mark- I picked up a great idea from you already! I have the same Harbor Fright lift, but see how you added square tube to the front wheel clamp! Great move.

Thanks for the posts.

Dan
                  Here's another pic of the other side of the lift. In all fairness...........I stole the idea from someone else. Works great though.

On another note..........I am happy to have found a home here. I received my first issue of The Antique Motorcycle magazine today, actually.......and could not be more impressed. I'm 35 years old, and just had a son last Wednesday. I hope to learn all that I can, and pass on all that I learn to him in the future.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X