Request for information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for information

I got this email today. I'm posting it in case anyone can answer his question

The following message was sent to you via the AMCA Forum Contact Us form by Harry Miller ( mailto:hfmiller@gmail.com ).

--------------------------------

Sir-
    I am the only American motorcycle rider in eastern Turkey (that I am aware of). I recently bought a 2004 Honda Transalp for touring this amazing part of the world.
    Because of winter, I have my bike taken apart in a spare room in my apartment (I am not married).
    I want to change the 'bellows' or 'accordion' style fork boots to the smaller fork boots that covers the top of the slider and oil seal only. The fork tube is 41mm (1 5/8in), the slider is 60mm (2 3/8in). The only place on the internet I can find these fork boots is J&P Cycles website. However they will only reference the 41mm boots with specfic HD models, most are the older DuoGlide forks. I can not find the diameter for the DuoGlide sliders. If they are 2 3/8in, then my problems are solved.
    I know this is a little out of left field, but I really need help with this!
    Coıuld you or someone you know give me the diameter of a DuoGlide slider?
    Thank you very much for your help-
    Harry Miller
    somewhere in eastern Turkey

--------------------------------

Referring Page:
    IP Address: 85.105.249.204
    User Name: Unregistered
    User ID: 0
    Email: hfmiller@gmail.com

Contacted a friend with a '58 Pan with duoglide sliders & he measured the tops of the sliders (these are milled on top for the dust boot) and they measured 2.469" (62.71 mm). Will send response direct to Harry's email.
    William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
    http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X