1951 Chief basket for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Chief basket for sale

IMG_2665.jpgIMG_2668.jpgIMG_2673.jpgIMG_2677.jpgIMG_2675.jpgI have a 51 Chief basket case with matching numbers up for sale. The chassis has been sitting outside for a while and looks rough. Found the engine bottom end still bolted together in the garage. Also have the tranny, outer primary and carb that was on the bike. Throwing in a set of new aftermarket cylinders. I have and can take other pictures if you are interested. Bike and I are located in South Carolina but will be at the Sunshine Meet in Florida in early March. Starting price is $12,000 but am open to offers indian45@earthlink.net

Good luck with that, I don't think you're asking way too much.

But I'm curious, is that a cable ferrule on the primary cover...maybe for a hand clutch???
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
      Good luck with that, I don't think you're asking way too much.

But I'm curious, is that a cable ferrule on the primary cover...maybe for a hand clutch???
      The mount for the clutch brake,a 52 ,53 feature maybe 51?,looks like it has a screw and nut wwhere the shorter adjuster bolt goes.Nice bike.Be curious what the numbers are,only because I have a 50.
      tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
        The mount for the clutch brake,a 52 ,53 feature maybe 51?,looks like it has a screw and nut wwhere the shorter adjuster bolt goes.Nice bike.Be curious what the numbers are,only because I have a 50.
        tom
        What's with the corbin speedo? rear drive, I mean. Am I missing something?
        Not that I ever look at speedometers. I just thought they went to Stewart Warner in 48.

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
          What's with the corbin speedo? rear drive, I mean. Am I missing something?
          Not that I ever look at speedometers. I just thought they went to Stewart Warner in 48.
          Two similar Corbins used after 48.Acccording to Jerry Hatfields Resto guide was running change late 51.First was no BSC on face and 52-53? had BSC.Both rear wheel drive with a chrome plug on the front brake backing plate where the front drive went.
          Tom

Comment

Two similar Corbins used after 48.Acccording to Jerry Hatfields Resto guide was running change late 51.First was no BSC on face and 52-53? had BSC.Both rear wheel drive with a chrome plug on the front brake backing plate where the front drive went.
            Tom
            BTW the corbin pictured appears to be 46-47
            Tom

Comment

BTW the corbin pictured appears to be 46-47
              Tom
              thx for the school, Tom.
              Did Indian have too many Corbins left on the shelf, or under contract post-47? Or was the front wheel fit more difficult to incorporate?

Comment

Someone was inquiring about the history of this bike. It belonged to a good friend that recently passed. This was sitting out back of his garage for a few years. After going through the garage I found the bottom end and in yet another box the outer primary, tranny mainshaft and clutch assy, and a carb. I can only assume that these all came off of this bike as to how and where they were found. The tanks were gone a year or so ago. He rode this for years. Yes there is a clear title.
                thanks for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
                  thx for the school, Tom.
                  Did Indian have too many Corbins left on the shelf, or under contract post-47? Or was the front wheel fit more difficult to incorporate?
                  Who really knows,but I think supplier issues is the generally accepted reason.Why else would they accept a speedo with a big ugly BSC logo.
                  Tom

Comment

Bike has sold. Buyer and seller are happy, thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X