Sidecar setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidecar setup

How do I make a toe in adjustment? I have the bike leaning out and measured the distance with parallel lines coming off the wheels of bike and sidecar. The front is wider than the rear by 5/8. Thanks

What kind of bike? What kind of sidecar? Pictures?
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

47 knuckle, 45 LE sidecar.was not sure if I could adjust the ball and locknuts or rear mount needed adjusting. I appreciate any direction.

Comment

As I said, pictures. A normal LE with factory mounts on a '36-'57 model frame has the toe in factory set and only very minor adjustment is possible. Are your mounts correct? Are they installed properly? Is your frame bent? Sidecar axle bent? etc, etc. With no pictures everything is guesswork and a potential waste of time.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I will send pics this weekend of sidecar mounted & apart at connection points.I had frame & front end checked at pro frame shop before build & have 4500 miles on so far with no problems without sidecar.Sidecar mounts are used OEM. later

Comment

Originally posted by RR2 View Post
            How do I make a toe in adjustment? I have the bike leaning out and measured the distance with parallel lines coming off the wheels of bike and sidecar. The front is wider than the rear by 5/8. Thanks
            I think that you are toe'd OUT. Mine (47 indian) is narrower front than rear, I think by 3/8" (?). The outward lean is maybe 2 degrees. Been good that way, did a lot of miles, hard running, changed a lot of rear tires.

Comment

Thanks, That's what I suspect. I'm trying to attach pics for the first time, could be awhile.

Comment

Working...
              X