41 Scout headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 Scout headlight

My Scout came with the headlight off and parts in a bin. I am trying to figure out if the parts or wrong or I am not installing it right.

Here are some pictures but the glass does not appear to fit the shell. There is an indent in one side and two "loops" on the back of the lens? any ideas suggestions? Also not sure what type of grommet goes in the hole in the can?

Pictures advice appreciated.
    Attached Files

You might tak a look at Jerry Greers site. You can click on each part and view it in 3D.
    https://www.jerrygreersengineering.c...1&y=1941&m=741
    Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

Comment

Thanks Bob it helped a bit but no image for the shell to look at so not sure about that indent on the side.

Comment

Not sure if you figured this out yet or not. In the last picture you posted it looks like the glass you have wraps around the side? The correct Moto lamp lens is just a con-caved piece of glass. Can you post a picture of the glass piece you are trying to use, I suspect it might not be correct. I am pretty sure Jerry Greer sells repop Moto lamp lenses.

Comment

The headlight shell is correct for a 1941 741 or other 1941 military Indian (and for Indians up to 1947), but the square hole for the bakelite connector block was closed as far as I can see on your pictures. The glas and reflector are not correct I would say. The Moto Lamp Glas is secured against turning buy the small indent in the shell which should have its counterpart on the glass.

I will post another thread with a different questions that shows a correct 1941 1942 Sport Scout, Chief and Four headlight.

Comment

Working...
          X