1966 FLH carburetor DC-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 FLH carburetor DC-7

I was doing some routine maintenance and cleaning on my DC-7 carburetor and I noticed when I removed the air cleaner and backing plate. The little spring for the choke lever that is set into the small hole on the back plate was by itself. Is there something missing or does the spring itself ride against the choke lever notches. I looked up this question in Clymer's shovelhead book, but he did not have a answer or exploded picture that part I could reference. If there is a piece missing can you send a picture of it or describe it. Thanks as always for the info.

There should be a small ball bearing that rides in the notches and is tensioned by the spring.
    And I believe most Clymers manuals work best as bird cage lining...
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply. looks like that came out at some time. Love the comment on Clymers. Its worked for me on projects, but always open for suggestions for what shop manual is best on my 1966. Thanks again Rubone

Comment

bird cage lining

Originally posted by chgofire5sqd View Post
        Thanks for the fast reply. looks like that came out at some time. Love the comment on Clymers. Its worked for me on projects, but always open for suggestions for what shop manual is best on my 1966. Thanks again Rubone
        toylet papper in the outhouse is also good for the CLYMERS MANUAL

Comment

Old Dude sells the springs and balls, buy a few to keep around. Grease both during assembly makes it easier sticking things together.
          1959 XLCH

Comment

Get yourself a factory service manual and parts manual, even if they are reprints. That will go a long way to helping you work on things.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
            AMCA # 12766

Comment

Working...
            X