1910 twin timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1910 twin timing

I have 1910 5hp twin....there are timing marks on the gears but the crank has no marks and is facing down to assemble ....I am taking for granted that the pistons should be at top dead center when the gear marks are lined up....would I be correct??hate to find out later I was wrong, thanks chris

If still no response tomorrow, I will see if Johnny Eagles will pass you the info, he as redone a lot of teen's Indians over the years . You might have to call him - good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Lovejoy View Post
      If still no response tomorrow, I will see if Johnny Eagles will pass you the info, he as redone a lot of teen's Indians over the years . You might have to call him - good luck
      I see no one has responded. Not sure on 1910 but the years just after have timing marks on the gears that line up with hash marks on the inside of the case, then the flywheels should have a line or a letter marking going across the flywheel which should line up with a hash mark to the left of the cylinder base opening. Assuming the flywheels have been balanced then carefully drop the flywheels into position as not to move the gears that are in line with the factory hash marks. I use grease to hold things from moving and a second pair of hands to help view and guide the process helps. I'm 60 and my wife has helped here as my bifocals drive me crazy.The marking at the cylinder opening is usually just a slash mark.
      Ross

Comment

thanks Ross, everything is as you said, I will be assembling soon ....thanks chris

Comment

Right on Ross!

Comment

Working...
          X