Seeking information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking information

Hello all. I've been a member of the AMCA for several months now, but due to work/school/Air Guard stuff have been extremely limited in time. Anyway glad to be here and will not mince words. I'm a amateur historian of sorts and I'm on a mission to track down the final resting places of the board track riders who are known to history; i.e. Eddie Hasha, Johnny Albright, Gene Walker, Maldwyn Jones and so forth. I'm building memorials to each of these guys and any relatives I can find on Findagrave.com. I have already found Eddie Hasha, Gene Walker, Charles Balke, an Johnny Albright final resting places. Any additional information about others, Paul Derkum, Jack Prince, Maldwyn Jones, Ray Seymour, Art Chapple and any of the other hundreds of board track racers that existed is greatly appreciated.

Why am I doing this? Since I stumbled into the board track world about 2 years ago my fascination has grown by leaps and bounds about these people and who THEY were. History has largely forgotten them and their achievements. So I have endeavored to find them and at a minimum document their lives and where they are resting.

V/r
    Mark Merritt

Very cool project Vulcan..I have been trying to fill in the blanks to my family history on Find A Grave.
    Very user friendly site.Cool to find things like Revolutionary & Civil War Heroes in my family history on Find a Grave.
    Easy to add the photos also.I look forward to your progress !
    Stroker 133.jpg

Comment

That's an ambitious project Mark. You should contact Jerry Hatfield and Steven Wright. They've done some pretty extensive research and published some great articles and books. I'm pretty sure the great Jim Davis is resting in Daytona. I think Maldwyn Jones may be resting in Arizona somewhere and Otto Walker is in California. Sorry, this is off the top of my noggin' so it's not the most precise info. Daniel Statnekov also has a great "board track" website but if you're that consumed you've likely already found it. I'm not surprised the board track era grabbed you. It's pretty exciting stuff!!! Oh, yeah... welcome to the club!!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
      X