1966 vin # help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 vin # help

Need help understanding the vin # on my 1966 flh. I just seen that if your bike is a 1966 and has 5 dig past the 66flh it should be the first two dig to be even. And odd years to be odd numbers. Please help with this ? My vin # is 66FLH12***. The production date was late 65 does this change the even # rule of thumb. Or how should my vin be. Please give examples thanks.

A 66 FL with a 5 digit serial should have the first 2 digits be even, such as 66FL12345. A 67 with 5 digit serial would have 67FL11345.
    VPH-D

Comment

To help clarify, the 12 is a twelve not a 1 & 2, and the 11 is an eleven, not a 1 & 1. Hope that helps. Bob#6738
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

If the first two digits can be divided by 2, they are even....
        They are read as one number.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks guys, I was a little mislead when I read this fact about the vin # on my bike. They make it sound like both # had to be even not putting them together to make the number twelve. Thank you again for the info guys

Comment

After the yr and model letters (66FLH), the even-odd on the vin is for the model yr the bike was built for, not the yr the bike was built.
            1967 FLH
            1968 FLH
            1968 FLH
            1972 FX

Comment

Working...
            X