Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Nevada Texas

Hello to All,

Recently moved to Nevada from Allen, TX. I am a Dallas,TX native (don't hold this against me) been around here all of my life. Glad to find this forum as I just bought a 1948 Indian Chief with a side car 26k miles. Looking forward to playing with it and learning how it should be to make it complete. It is mostly original but a few pieces here and there are missing. Fires up and runs OK. I am already looking for a few original parts. So if you have contacts let me know please. I stuck a few pictures in below for your viewing pleasure. DSC01893.jpgDSC01895.jpgDSC01896.jpg

Welcome kloller. I love your '48 and you'll have a lot of fun with it, and hopefully, you'll have a lot of fun here as well. For sheer aesthetic elegance, Indian's '40 and later sidecar was/is the most beautiful sidecar ever made.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Welcome aboard!!! That's a nice rig you've got there.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Welcome and enjoy the '48. I have the same set-up and it is loads of fun once you get the hang of it. Took a bit of learning but boy was it worth it. Have fun and ride safe.
        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

D.A.

Does your side car have the rear brake linkage ? I have been looking for pics but have not found any yet nor the rear brake linkage assembly. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Yes, mine does have the brakes on the sidecar. If I get it outside this weekend I will take pics of all the linkage pieces for you. Only problem is me posting them as me being literate on this keyboard is limited. I can text you the pics as I take them as I have figured out that so pm me your number and we can get together on this soon.
            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
            X