Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenged Veteran Needs 45 Parts

Hi! my name is Ted:

I live in Olympia, Washington. I have been scrounging up parts from everywhere to build a 45 bike this winter. The frame is a stock three bolt Harley 45. The bike is going to be a 1944 W.L.C. War Hog with N.O.S. Black Out lights from Canada. The same place the engine came from. The scooter will have a 1922 Goulding sidecar attached. That actually has the original leather Lazy Boy chair in it. I plan to paint her Tins all WWII battleship grey with a flat black epoxy primed frame. Then paint on the outside of the sidecar the submarine medal of dolphins. With Shore Patrol below them, and Submarine on top.

I need to find a few more parts to pull it together. First for a springer I bought it has a 7/8" hole on one side, and a 3/4" on the other. I need everything from the axle out. It's the same on the rear no axel, wheel, sprocket and breaks. My research has shown me that it is a mid forties springer, because both fork tube, and the stem centers line up. I believe it's the one used on the Canadian war bikes. I also need the (fender) for that springer. I have a reverse servi-car transmission. I need the clutch, and shifting (linkage only) to put the power transmission end together. Also need a (M88 or M51 carburetor & manifold)

If you could help me find these parts it would be greatly appreciated. Everyone in my club (Disabled American Veterans Washington Chapter) drives American steel. This scooter is to be my ride with them next summer, when not in my wheelchair.

Thanks Ted

tmelvin2@yahoo.com
    804-475-4970
    Last edited by GempyRider; 09-24-2013, 08:47 AM.

You have all my support for your 45 mission.

but, "I am tired of being harassed by brother bikers about riding a BMW with EML off-road sidecar that I restored. Everyone in my club (Disabled American Veterans Washington Chapter) drives American steel." (end qu) .....this disappoints me. I hope it isn't that bad, as vets should support each other regardless of a few differences or limitations.
    You and your beamer are welcome next to me and my bunch anytime, anywhere.

Comment

Working...
    X