This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catagory alteration AKA "Name That Forum"

I was looking at the catagories that would be appropriate for a restoration project, or a bike build and the best one is not properly titled. The obvious choice is "Lengendary Bike Build". Unfortunately, most of us are not doing anything 'legendary' so that catagory is a bit intimidating. Also, I notice there is only Ryan's build represented, so the catagory has been a bit of a failure. I suggest it be renamed to make it more inviting to those of us on Earth and not in Valhalla. I have a 1916 Excelsior project going and I would like to share it with my fellow AMCA members, and I know Slojo has a great project in the works so maybe a less lofty catagory would be better utilized.
    Last edited by exeric; 09-19-2013, 04:43 PM.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Hugh ??????????

Comment

Originally posted by diesel55 View Post
      Hugh ??????????
      Who's Hugh?
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Let me make it clear, change 'Legendary Bike Builds' to 'Members Projects. . . Even Hugh should understand that
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          I was looking at the catagories that would be appropriate for a restoration project, or a bike build and the best one is not properly titled. The obvious choice is "Lengendary Bike Build". Unfortunately, most of us are not doing anything 'legendary' so that catagory is a bit intimidating. Also, I notice there is only Ryan's build represented, so the catagory has been a bit of a failure. I suggest it be renamed to make it more inviting to those of us on Earth and not in Valhalla. I have a 1916 Excelsior project going and I would like to share it with my fellow AMCA members, and I know Slojo has a great project in the works so maybe a less lofty catagory would be better utilized.
          It sounds like a good idea to me. I'd like to suggest that we get some input from members for a new name.
          So everyone that has an idea for a new name for the "Legendary Bike Build" Forum, post their suggestions here. If you like someone's suggestion, post your approval here too. Let's run it for about two weeks and see who's title idea gets the most positive response. If it's OK with the site managers we'll change it.
          Deadline for entries is Friday October 4th 2013 7:00 P.M. EST
          I'll kick it of with
          "Build it They will Come"
          Have Fun
          Gary

Comment

Eric, that's a great idea. Of all the bikes I built over the years, I don't think I would call any of them legendary. Would give me a place to put the 22JD project. Bob L
            AMCA #3149
            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
              Eric, that's a great idea. Of all the bikes I built over the years, I don't think I would call any of them legendary. Would give me a place to put the 22JD project. Bob L
              Bob, I would love to see your 22 project. With your knowledge, and resources, it would benefit a lot of members.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

I got a better offer for ya Eric. I would love to meet you. Clete Borchert has been trying to get me to go to the Southern National. We are thinking of vending this Spring now that we finally broke down and bought a trailer. So there. I'll meet ya half way. As far as the 22JD goes. I've made a lot of progress including scoring a frame finally in Australia a couple of weeks ago, that I'm hoping will make it here in one piece. Bob
                AMCA #3149
                http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Eric, Great idea.! The 'other' forum we visit has a members project section and like Bob said all projects are worthy for extended knowledge just not legendary in nature, and it would be nice to view the progress of antiques on this forum. I will put my vote in for the title "Resurrection" 'any make, model or construction form' as long as it is considered antique to the club definition. Bob #6738
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

How about....... Rejuvenation

Comment

Member Projects
                      Restoration Projects
                      Restorations in Progress
                      Rebuilds in progress
                      Member Restorations
                      or simply: Restorations

Great idea! Legendary Bike Builds seems to me a bit too much like only legendary bikes can be posted. True, they are out there. But a good restoration thread would be a magnet, methinks.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Great idea Eric! Maybe folks that otherwise wouldn't step up will feel a little more comfortable posting in a category other than "legendary". Sirhr, "methinks" your right!
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Restoration isn't the right term. Project is better, since many builds are not restorations but are more personal interpretations.
                          JMHO
                          Robbie
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Conservations preserve what restorations destroy.

.....Cotten
                            AMCA #776
                            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                              Conservations preserve what restorations destroy.

.....Cotten
                              Duly noted. I think Eric and Robbie have the right idea with the "projects" term. I see Sirhr has it on his list as well. Then it could include restorations and preservations.
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X