Ed Kretz Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Kretz Jr.

Ed Kretz Jr. was killed in a motorcycle accident this morning. Rider(s) with him report Ed veered off the road for no apparent reason before the crash. Further details are surely to emerge.

Eddie was a great guy. He helped me a lot over the years. I'll never forget his annual financial report at the Trailblazers banquets. Eddie could make anything funny. He was a great racer, too. What a loss!
    Jerry Hatfield

not much more info but what i received
    BMAC Memebers and Supporter and friends,

It is my very sad duty to inform you that our dear friend and fellow motorcycle rider Ed Kretz died this morning doing the the thing he loved most - riding motorcycles. Here is the message I got from a mutual friend who was "shadowing" Ed on the final ride today.

Jerry,

Sadly, our dear friend Ed Kretz died this morning when his “new” 1937 Indian Scout veered-off the road and struck a pole. I was behind him in my truck and was following him to a Victory/Indian club breakfast at Obrien’s restaurant in Sedalia. In spite of feeling poorly, he insisted on riding the Scout and it’s my opinion that he had a heart attack before veering off the paved road.

We’ve lost a wonderful guy. God rest his soul.

Attached is a video of the new Scout.

Ron

I have no further information at the moment so please save your inquiries on a memorial service until I can get some details. We are all saddened by Ed's loss and we will miss this Icon of Motorcycle Racing and all around super good guy.

Ride on Ed, Ride on..............................................

Jerry

gww57.com

Comment

RIP Ed! And that's the way to go! Mike

Comment

Sorry to hear the news. All the best to his family and friends. I'm sure he had a warm welcome at the big teepee in the sky.
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

What a great asset to Indian motorcycle history, but a tragic loss for family, and friends. My deepest condolences to all those who called Ed Kretz Jr. their friend.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

ed kretz, jr - late 1950's gardena stadium.jpgKretzJr2.jpg
            First photo was taken at Gardena Stadium in 1956.
            Rich
            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
            X