Hey from the Far NW Chi-Burbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey from the Far NW Chi-Burbs

Howdy, name is Mike, but you can call me cheesy. I've never owned a new bike, always something older, always something a little different.

I've been riding since the mid-sixties, when I started off with a homemade Continental powered mini bike. It went like stink to a nine year old. Graduated to a Ducati Falcon 50, then a Honda CS90 set up as Scrambler, then to a Honda CB500/4 with a mild chop.

Kids came along and my wife begged me to stop riding until they were out of college. That went an extra five years. In the interim, I went back to bicycles(two wheels move the soul), did a lot of long distance and 24hr riding, and raced in Europe for a year. Figured out my family would starve if I turned pro, so I gave up racing and turned to touring.

I got back into motorcycling in 2010 when the knee injuries I suffered in a car/bicycle accident in 07 began to take their toll. My sis gave me her 07 Chinese dual sport (wish I'd said no) and that got me hooked again. I currently have a 79 Honda CX500. I know, it will be eligible January. But, you have to admit it is different.

I rescued the bike from a not so successful chop job, replaced the timing chain and guides, and returned it to stock. I found another CX owner in Finland who has been making new AC-CDI boxes, with current technology, for the early CX bikes. I've put nearly 3000 miles on the box so far and it hasn't missed a beat. It's a 20 footer and my daily rider.

I hope to spend a lot of time around here.
    cheesy

AMCA #23341

When life serves you lemons, add vodka.

Hey Cheesy, welcome! Now, get off that computer and head over to Davenport, Iowa this weekend... you won't regret it!

http://www.chiefblackhawk.org/
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Nuts, I have to work for living today and tomorrow. And Saturday my backside has a date with the drivers seat of a Ferrari. As a true Cubs fan would say, Oh well, wait'll next year.
      cheesy

AMCA #23341

Comment

CX? Never heard of 'em.
        Rich
        6-13-2013_005.jpg6-14-2013_042.jpg6-14-2013_039.jpg
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Almost got me there, Rich. Nice looking bike(s).

Before

After

Only pics I'll show until January.
          cheesy

AMCA #23341

Comment

Working...
          X