clutch problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch problems

hey im new to this but i will give a try just picked up this 76 ironhead attempting to do a clutch adjustment done this a 100 times on other bikes cant seem to get it right either its slipping or its draging what the hell am i doing wrong any help woud be appreciated supposably this bike only has 5000 miles on it how hard can it be

If your primary chain is too tight it will never be right. The clutch drum will cock and always drag. The chain is step one...
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks rubone

Comment

If it's not the chain or oil level ck. the steel plates for flatness. Could be warped.
        Kerry AMCA # 15911

Comment

I had a 86 cubic inch 74 XLCH for about 15 years and there clutches can be hard to get right. Make sure all plates are flat. Check all or the notches and drive teeth and make sure that they slide in and out of the hub and basket with out any hanging up. If they do file the plates until everything is working smoothly. Any hanging up will cause clutch drag. There also was a item called a Clutch Tamer from the after market industry, designed to help eliminate there problems. [J & P #620-686]
          Jim D.
          Jim D

Comment

thanks everybody just gonna wait till I get the new seal so I can get in there and see if the dumba$$ that had it before me screwed anything up pretty much what I have been doing since I got it in a trade working on it more than riding it that's alright though don't mind a bit love working on bikes as much as riding im sure I will have to post here again
            have a good day

Comment

Working...
            X