7-28-13 allegheny Mountain Chapter road Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-28-13 allegheny Mountain Chapter road Run

The Allegheny Mountain Chapter had another Road Run 7/28. This was a mystery run where riders didn't really know where we were headed. Despite a gloomy Sunday weather outlook being forecast on Saturday evening, our two organizer fellows Bill and John made the right call. Since they have real degrees in meteorology, they decided to move forward with the run despite the forecast. They looked out and saw the cows in the pasture standing instead of lying so that meant good weather and it was a go! A very wise choice as the weather couldn’t have been more perfect.

We met in Youngwood PA at 10:00 and Pulled out at 10:30 with about 18-19 bikes head’n for the mountains. It was nice to see a lot of purple license plates (PA antique) as well as a nice variety of machines. Travelled 60 miles through winding two lane roads with beautiful scenery to first gas stop. Everyones bike was doing great so far.

Pulling out of the gas stop we headed to Ohiopyle State Park which nearby is home to Frank Lloyd Wright’s famous Fallingwater estate. Ohiopyle is one of the most scenic places locally and is the capital of whitewater rafting in PA attracting people from all over the country. The town was packed with rafters and tourists and nothing freezes bystanders in their tracks like a long line of antique motorcycles.

Onward up mountains and down others and eventually we ended up in Connellsville PA for the last stop at Bud Murphy’s for some good eats and telling lies around 2:30. Nice open air deck and parking right beside to see the bikes. The run itself was about 115 miles. We totaled 175 for the day with travel to and fro. I am not sure where everyone came from but impressive to me was Jeff on the 32 HD who travelled about 90 miles down from Mercer Pa just for the run. That would make his roundtrip nearly 300mi! After we disbursed I followed Jeff 25 miles until my turnoff and man, that old HD can really scoot!

Lastly a big thanks to Bill, John, and any other chapter leaders who helped organize the run. They did an outstanding job in planning, communication, and selecting the routes. Though no one needed it, they even had transportation strategically staged in case someone broke down.

Link to pics - Except where noted my wife took them so don't complain to me if there seems to be some partiality to Indians! These list some extra description under title.
    http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/ma...0Run%207-28-13

Or slidshow
    http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/ma...0Run%207-28-13
    Last edited by Skirted; 07-29-2013, 08:58 AM. Reason: SP
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Nice! Thanks for sharing!
    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

7-28-13 Chapter ride 016.jpg7-28-13 Chapter ride 002.jpg7-28-13 Chapter ride 003.jpg7-28-13 Chapter ride 004.jpg7-28-13 Chapter ride 001.jpg
      Great pictures,ashamed to post mine now, but here they are anyway.

Comment

Jason!!! Thanks for the report and the great photos! That does look like a spectacular spot for a Road Run!

No need for shame 55tmm.... you won't hear anyone complaining about more photos! Thanks!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Great shot's guys thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
          X