Goulding sidecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goulding sidecar

does anyone know of anyone reproducing the end pieces for gouldings? I picked up what I am told is a 40's goulding sidecar, I am going to mate it to my 57 panhead it had the sun burst/ pedal trim on the nose.
    Attached Files
    Chuck
    AMCA Member#1848

I can't help with an answer Chuck but man that's a cool rig! Nice scoop!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

I agree with Cory ,**** hot side car ,Rob

Comment

Thanks Cory and Rob, Been trying to get some leads on the Goulding web site last Sunday but no replys from them as of yet
        Chuck
        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

goulding

Hello chuck give me a call i lost your number.i know a guy with some side car mounts. loyd

Comment

Originally posted by diesel55 View Post
            Hello chuck give me a call i lost your number.i know a guy with some side car mounts. loyd
            Loyd, I left a message with him should you talk to him let him know I am still looking for the front lower mount. It goes to this portion of the frame
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Chuck#1848; 07-05-2013, 08:06 AM.
            Chuck
            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Hi Chuck,
              Needing the same trim, I am working with an excellent hand fabricator but needing a pattern or tracing with measurements. He has NC machines, plus skilled with an English wheel.
              Larry

Comment

Originally posted by L Burke View Post
                Hi Chuck,
                Needing the same trim, I am working with an excellent hand fabricator but needing a pattern or tracing with measurements. He has NC machines, plus skilled with an English wheel.
                Larry
                Hi Larry,

I have been talking to some people as well, but the problem that comes up is how to reproduce the raised edges on the trim pieces I think that they would have been stamped out to produce that detail on the edges.

You can magnify the photos to get a better look at the edges
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Chuck#1848; 08-04-2013, 01:03 PM.
                Chuck
                AMCA Member#1848

Comment

This edge did not seem to present a problem to Bob, requires a roll process that seemed not to present a problem to him...I will forward your detail pictures and we will see where this goes.
                  LB

Comment

Hi Chuck,
                    Please send these pics as a jpg to : $(lburke8)(@)(cox.net)$
                    Thanks
                    Larry ($)remove

Comment

Chuck, That part was stamped. I could reproduce the bead on my Whitney power roll but first you got to fabricate the roll. Second, you will never get it to look like the original stamped version. Soon as you hit that corner, it's going to wave even if I did it on a hand roller you'll never get it perfect. Chuck, I will be at Brookfield as long as it doesn't rain. Bring that thing with you and let me have a look at it. Bob L
                      AMCA #3149
                      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Will do Bob, See you there
                        Chuck
                        AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Hi Chuck,
                          Please send these pics as a jpg to : $(lburke8)(@)(cox.net)$
                          Thanks
                          Larry ($)remove
                          Photos sent
                          Chuck
                          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

This edge did not seem to present a problem to Bob, requires a roll process that seemed not to present a problem to him...I will forward your detail pictures and we will see where this goes.
                            LB
                            Larry,

Did you get a chance to forward the pictures to Bob?
                            Chuck
                            AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Hi Chuck,
                              Just back from Bonneville, no cigars here, but Bob thought he could fab from what he discribed as Dead Brass, then roll the edges. he would need the original to make a final decision, also the diameter of the sphere to insure proper fit to the tub.
                              LB

Comment

Working...
                              X