1967-1972 wheel truing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967-1972 wheel truing

Does anybody know the proper way to set up a 1967-1972 wheel hub on truing stand in order to true it?
    There is only one bearing in hub. The other bearings are in the brake drum. The brake drum can't be on when truing in order to measure the wheel offset.
    Should it be done without bearing, just cones on each side of hub, or with just the one bearing with with cones on each end?
    Can't find anything in any manuals or on internet that help.

did you ever find your answer

Comment

No, I never did, but I machined a front drum down so I could bolt it up to the hub and insert a sleeve and Two bearings.
      I found a part #95522-68 that is listed as an Arbor Collar to do this, but i cannot find a picture or drawing that shows this.
      Maybe someone out there has a picture of this????

Comment

I made an extended cone/collar to do the mid star hubs to later wheel hubs in order to lock the collar. My cone would slip up inside drum side and snug up but with no way to lock it down, it is just an extended hollow shaft with a set screw. Ive used this method many times with great results. I suppose they make a tool as your describing ive never looked. Sounds like your on the right track. I know some will say its best to have the bearings in and maybe that is true however I have never had an issue..

Comment

Working...
        X