Help with ebay buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with ebay buyer

Has anyone ever dealt with Yasu Watanabe from Hard Eight cycles in Phoenix. He bought my 49 pan and paid the deposit to pay pal instantly. He calls and says he wants to wire the bal, which is fine with me. Then he sends me a sales agreement to sign, which I have never done before, however I do not sell a lot of bikes on ebay. On the sales agreement the bal due is actually 500.00 less than what he owes, I realize this could just be a simple mistake, I just want to protect my interest. His feedbacks are all excellent and he buys a lot of high dollar items, any help appreciated, thanks, Larry May

I would not sign anything that might detract from the legal agreement that is already in place through eBay. (don't muddy the water)
    If he mailed you the agreement, just mail it back.
    Otherwise just email him.
    At worst, register a complaint with eBay. As long as you have the big, you're in the driver's seat.
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Never had a problem with e-Bay... esp folks with good feedback.

Drop him a note back, let him know his sales agreement/bill of sale is off and get another one. If he doesn't want to do that, politely cancel transaction, send his $$ back and tell eBay the transaction failed. All simple.

I would not be concerned about a sales agreement/bill of sale at all, BTW. I use them all the time. eBay is just a marketplace. Business is done between gentlemen (and women) after the item is found.

Cheers,

Pierce

Comment

The guy may have asked for a bill of sale with a lower amount just to avoid paying more in sales taxes when he goes titles it back home. When buying from out of state I always ask the seller for a low ball bill of sale with the title just for that reason. Yeah, that’s right, I sometimes cheat Uncle Sam out of his cut of the pie. :)
        ------------
        Steve
        AMCA #7300

Comment

Did you remember to deduct the deposit amount from the purchase price? If not check the buyer's sales agreement again and see if the balance is still incorrect. Often times on larger purchases savvy buyers will have a third party agreement to protect themselves. Think of it as an umbrella agreement over that of the Ebay policy. It offers the buyer piece of mind that the seller is going to preform on the terms agreed and not leave Ebay as the only record in the event mediation is required. That being said Ebay is the largest online auction site in the world and surely has encountered many a transaction like yours, thus they have both buyer and seller legal basis covered. Never sign anything you are not comfortable with or do not understand. If you feel there is a discrepancy with any of the terms and cannot resolve the issue with the buyer (most likely a high feedback buyer will be easy to agree with), then have an attorney review the events, contract, correspondence, etc. and proceed as advised. I doubt the buyer would send you an agreement with an amount $500 short of agreed price simply to avoid paying sales tax. If that were the case he would have sent the agreement to read a lot less than $500. He/she probably made and oversight at best. Good luck I hope you are able to complete the transaction as agreed.

Comment

thanks for all the help, I think we have it all worked out Larry

Comment

Working...
            X