Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda CL 350 on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/fully...item2ec853b308

Not bidding on this.. and apparently no one else is either... but I have a real soft spot for these high-pipe CL bikes. And this one is just a gorgeous looking restoration. Thought I would share... as surely if there is a good home to be had for this machine, it's with someone from the AMCA.

BTW, not affiliated with the seller... and have nothing to do with the bike or the auction (though I did e-mail the seller and say I thought his restoration looked lovely). I am not even sure that the bike is 100 point AMCA perfect (but it sure looks good!) Just wanted to post a pretty piece of iron on a Sunday evening!

It's very nice to see some of these early Hondas start to gain a following and to see that people are judging them worthy of high-quality restoration and conservation. The 750 four's, the CBX's, the early Gold Wings... were iconic bikes. They deserve some kudos.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Yes, the old Hondas and Japanese bikes are coming on very strong. This bike looks beautiful, but its very incorrect. Like I've told a lot of people for a long time, do your research first. They didn't start painting the tanks like this till 1970. There's a lot more things wrong with it. I'm not doubting his hours or money spent, he just didn't do his homework.

Robin Markey
    Bob's Indian Sales & Service

Comment

Originally posted by Robin--M View Post
      Yes, the old Hondas and Japanese bikes are coming on very strong. This bike looks beautiful, but its very incorrect. Like I've told a lot of people for a long time, do your research first. They didn't start painting the tanks like this till 1970. There's a lot more things wrong with it. I'm not doubting his hours or money spent, he just didn't do his homework.
      Hey Robin, do you mind expounding on some of the errors you see? I'm trying to build my knowledge on these bikes, so maybe you can point some out. From my understanding, here is where I think he went wrong: headlight bucket and side covers should be white, exhaust end cover should be black (not chrome), tank has the wrong paint job for a '69. Are these accurate, and what else did you see?
      Member # 18376 - According to the AMCA guidelines, I'm 1 year from being classified "antique"
      1969 Honda CB350 - Winner's Circle 2014
      1972 Norton Commando Combat (In process)

Comment

Working...
      X