Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/1/13 Allegheny Mountain Road Run

Allegheny Mountain Chapter Run.

About 15 bikes departed the meeting point in Greensburg PA at 9:00 AM with beautiful weather in store. Lynn Moyer organized the run and did a fine job selecting the routes. We rode out of town and into the country with beautiful scenery ascending up over the ridge of the Laurel Mountain on our way to the Roadster Factory in Armaugh PA for a tour. The Roadster Factory caters to the British Motorcars primarily focusing on Triumphs. The facility has many thousands of square feet with 20 employees manufacturing, restoration, inventorying, and shipping parts all over the world. Most of us who hadn't heard of it were shocked at the size of the operation.

Departing the Roadster Factory around 11:15 we travelled 14 miles on open 4 lanes and then steered back to rural country roads on the way to our lunch stop at the Olde Salt Restaurant in Historic Saltsburg PA. Established around 1816 Saltsburg was founded on mining salt deposits and shortly after coal which was transported via canal prior to the railroad coming through.
    The restaurant owner was kind to enough to have our own room reserved for the group.

After lunch we travelled to nearby Conemaugh dam recreation area. The impressive dam was built in 1952 for flood control but now is a prime recreation area. Its located well off the beaten path and many who live locally are not aware of its existence. We departed for home around 3:15PM.

No breakdowns for anyone so that was good. My speedometer showed 120 miles so it was a nice run. This was my wife and I's first group run with the Chapter. We had a great time as well as sharing the company of other members and was sad when the time came to head home. I was just happy the 48 performed flawlessly so I wouldn't be the new guy to spoil the ride for everyone else. If anyone else from the ride has different pics I can post them here as well.

Pics here
    http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/ma...%20Road%20Runs
    Last edited by Skirted; 06-01-2013, 06:46 PM.
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Thanks Jason, nice pictures, and they reminded me of riding in the 2006 National Road Run with Rocky Halter and the Indian guys. What great bike roads you have in your state.

Comment

6-1-13 chapter ride 002.jpg6-1-13 chapter ride 003.jpg6-1-13 chapter ride 005.jpg
      My pics probably look the same but what the heck.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 55tmm; 06-02-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

image.jpg]image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
        Having trouble posting, here are more
        Attached Files

Comment

Those are some good pics guys! Thanks! Great rundown on your ride Jason. Glad to hear the Chief is performing well.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

very cool, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yikes, hard to believe a 1978 75th Anniversary Model FLH is now a classic!

Comment

Working...
              X