X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motoplane on Ebay

I've never seen a Motoplane, here's one for sale on Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INDIA...#ht_992wt_1021
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

I've always thought the Motoplane was a neat one... it shows that Indian wasn't quite willing to let the 101 styling go. Cool bike...
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Harry... you need this! Something to balance out your new trailer... ;-)

Very cool and thanks for posting. There looks to be a fair bit of work to finish on that bike, but the hard stuff is done and, well, wow!

Wonder if it will end up in the AMCA family?

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

I have a set of those tanks on my Midget Indian Circus bike...always wondered what they were off of...
        Midget Indian Tanks.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
          Harry... you need this!
          Indeed I do! ....but your '64 Panhead is much more affordable! Someone out there needs that Pan of yours!
          Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
            I've always thought the Motoplane was a neat one... it shows that Indian wasn't quite willing to let the 101 styling go. Cool bike...
            Cory, the motoplane is a missing link in the scout chain, a for-runner of the sport scout, as evidenced prominently in the keystone frame. The forks are from a Prince. Not sure if the engine is a standard scout from 32. Have to reference Iron Redskin again, and inquire of my scout-nuts for more accurate info.

Without giving Indian's design team full credit, one could say the motoplane looks like a scattered pile of available left-over parts assembled into a minimum-weight (and fragile) machine, with an eye to class-C race form. The Y-motor (1935) and heavier primary (34, I think) came later, prolly along with heavier bolts and such, and of course, the heavier fork, and heavier weight.

This is not gospel, somebody bust me please!

Comment

Oh, and I was gonna say, BEWARE--REPLICA !!
              Indian numbers left the doors open, wide, imo.
              But again, with the over-lapping years' parts, a replica might not be so difficult.
              If it's a true 1933 motoplane, it's worth more than 15k.
              But I wouldn't put a replica together for that either.

Comment

Working...
              X