1918 Excelsior restoration photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1918 Excelsior restoration photos

Hi just joined AMCA a store time back when I aqquired my dads 1918 Excelsior so I thought I would share some of these photos of his hard work for the last 40 on and off years of restoring it
    Im hoping I get the fuel tank and oil tank back this week and have it running in the next week or two
    thanks for all the information that is on this site
    Ron Johnson
    Attached Files

Very nice Ron. I'm doing a 1916 at this time and sure wish I had the 1918 removable frame bar in my frame. I like the trussed fork, and better clutch on '18s too. I've attached a picture of my '16 before I started to redo it. I've had this bike for a long time and did a less than perfect job the first time. Now I'm striving to do things right so everything is getting straightend, rebuilt, repainted. . . And anything else that needs to be done. The second picture is of the tank I finished last week.

Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Ron,

Your father did a beautiful job! A finished shot would be nice when you get around to it. A ride report would be interesting as well!!!

Eric,

Man, you did a nice job of that tank! Do you do all the striping and everything????
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

What Cory said, awesome guys!

Comment

I do all of my paint work. The striping is difficult and nerve wracking. I have a piece of plate glass that I practice on which is easy to clean so I can practice brush control and getting the paint consistancy right. I always start with the easy striping first and work up to the more challenging stripes.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Eric,

I have a real interest in traditional signwriting and pinstriping and I've got to say, you do a very fine job.
            Cory Othen
            Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
              I do all of my paint work. The striping is difficult and nerve wracking. I have a piece of plate glass that I practice on which is easy to clean so I can practice brush control and getting the paint consistancy right. I always start with the easy striping first and work up to the more challenging stripes.
              Would you be willing to do a 10/11 HD tank? Or do you only do your own stuff? That's some beautiful work! Cheers, Sirhr

Comment

Working...
              X