Hello from Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Arkansas

New guy here, but not new to old motorcycles.
    John Henry

Hello John, what are your riding? How about some images?

Comment

Welcome aboard...

Really like what you've accomplished in tunnel building! You're already a legend! Bet you've heard that before. ;-)

And, as Ric mentioned, please, let us know what you're riding. That way either the Harley or the Indian or the Brit guys can start making fun of you... If you have old German bikes... good luck.

Seriously, glad to have you here. We look forward to your participation and contributions. This is a great place with some of the best old bike people you could imagine and the place is a lot of fun.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Welcome aboard John!

Sirhr! I swear you could be a forum recruitment officer! Well said!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! At the moment, I'm riding a non AMCA friendly Buell....so I guess both the HD & Indian guys will have a good laugh at my expense. LOL! I've had a few Harleys over the years, my first was a 47 FL that I built out of parts in 1968-69 with the able guidance of K B Vance. Too much "Big Bike" and "Choppers" magazines! This was followed by a 47 Chief that was also chopped. I then had a Brit urge and acquired a 66 Bonneville, a 66 BSA A65 and an Enfield-Indian. I cursed Joe Lucas every day I owned them and they were replaced with a 51 FL that I rode for the next 12 years. It was nearly 100% stock when I found it sitting by the road for $150 in 1971. My biggest regret was chopping it. I'm a fan of modified bikes and have a 45 in pieces. It's a 53 G motor in a late solo frame. I've had the motor since 1977 but the frame was a swap meet find in 2001. It's been hacked, but I think I can get it back together in a reasonable manner. It won't be a stock bike and I hesitate to call anything a bobber anymore..such a loose term. I also have a currently non AMCA friendly 1979 XLH. It's an odd bike that was even odder when I found it. I've slowly replaced the "custom" tank and rear fender with a stock 79 items. The straight pipes are gone and replaced with an OG header, but I need to finish the rest of the exhaust. My intent is to put the "sport" back into this Sportster. I do have some Asian motorcycles, all of them AMCA friendly with the newest being a 1977. Sirhr...sadly, no BMWs in my garage but I would like to have one and I do build a mean tunnel. LOL! Ric...I'll post some pictures as these projects progress.
          Again, thanks for the welcome!
          JH

Comment

Working...
          X