Exploded PowerPlus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploded PowerPlus

I thought Cory, in particular would be interested in this picture. I have this pictue in a book I got in the mid 70s called "The Motorcycle World" by Phil Schilling. I've not seen this picture anywhere else and would be curious if any members know more about it. Is it an Indian factory photo, or a later restoration photo?
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Hello Eric! Isn' t that a 1916 powerplus, which is the first year for the PowerPlus and also the first year for Indian's famous sidevalve engine???!!!!!
    Bob
    '' The hurrier I go, the behinder I get ''

Comment

That's right Bob. One of the things I find so interesting about this picture is the quality of the finish, and the amount of nickel plating. I'm not questioning the amount of nickel per se, because Harleys, and Excelsiors were not much different but the high polish makes me wonder if this is a promotional picture.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Hey Eric,

Is it me or there's not much going on here on the forum?
        Bob
        '' The hurrier I go, the behinder I get ''

Comment

It's not you Bob, the AMCA forum has become very quiet over the past few years. I think this forum needs to be opened up to everyone, and not just AMCA members. I think the benefit of that would be a lot more activity, and I think the AMCA could recruit a lot more new members. The downside is; an open forum would keep an administrator very busy blocking spammers, and dirtbags.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

My grandparents are on the cover photo for chapter 3 of that book (or maybe 4 I loaned mine out) riding a 1917 powerplus sidecar rig. I used to wonder if it was the same bike but grandpa's did not have all the lighting, speedo and extra toolbox. I did see this awhile back and I am glad to see it is still on the road. http://www.starklite.com/1917_indian_power_plus.htm And thanks to Eric for always keeping this forum interesting !

Comment

Your grandparents certainly are an attractive couple in the Indian sidecar rig Scott.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

@bob43WLC and exeric: I think there are many AMCA members that are not aware that this website exists and if so, have no idea what's in it or how to access it.
                Rich
                Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Eric,
                  I gotta hand it to you, that exploded view photo is something that I never have seen before with any manufacturers bike, oh and Scott I also think the Grandparents are styling in the sidecar rig
                  Chuck
                  AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck#1848 View Post
                    Eric,
                    I gotta hand it to you, that exploded view photo is something that I never have seen before with any manufacturers bike, oh and Scott I also think the Grandparents are styling in the sidecar rig
                    I seem to remember talking to the photographer/owner at a meet where he displayed the pic.If I recall correctly he disasembled the bike when new,spread the pieces on a sheet in his barn,and took the pic from the top of a step ladder.
                    Tom

Comment

Do you remember what year that was Tom?
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

I've had motorcycles (and cars) like that...

In fact... I can think of a couple right now!

Great picture!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

For some reason when I see that pic Shorty Tompkins name jumps into my head. Can't quite make the connection yet.
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

That's a great photo Eric. Thanks for posting it! I hope to get a little bit done on my rig this year.
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                              It's not you Bob, the AMCA forum has become very quiet over the past few years. I think this forum needs to be opened up to everyone, and not just AMCA members. I think the benefit of that would be a lot more activity, and I think the AMCA could recruit a lot more new members. The downside is; an open forum would keep an administrator very busy blocking spammers, and dirtbags.
                              I am a little disappointed in the "quiet" also, and wish I were more literate on computer use so I could offer a little humble contribution.
                              I like it here, and wish for more engagement on civil terms that don't chase people away. This place should be more of our showroom, conference room, and less of our outhouse. .. not that I don't enjoy a few outhouse jokes once in a while.

back on topic, when did Indian discontinue the rear spring suspension? .. probably when they ran out of castings, but what year was that?

Comment

Working...
                              X