member for a year but jut getting to say hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• member for a year but jut getting to say hi

G'day from south east Queensland Australia,please pardon the late introduction but due to not knowing how to use a computer properly I have been sitting in limbo. Thanks to the webkahuna Gary I think it's all good now. Over the years I have had a few bikes the first was a 1938or39 Triumph 600 s/v which was apprently a bit rare as the factory was bombed during production and they were built in low numbers. There were also a couple of bush bashers an AJS and a Matchless as well as afew others which never started. A Panther 60 was a 80% bike but ever piece was rusted or siezed so bad that in those days it went in the to hard bin. My favorite road bike was a 1951 mark 1 square four ariel, I wish I still owned it now. At present I am restoring a 1916 Indian powerplus for a friend of mine and part payment will be a 1923 Chief.
    Regards to all.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear the computer thing got figured out. It would be nice to hear about the goings on with the Indian projects when you have time to spare.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Cory, with the Indians I will surely be on the forum looking for bits and pieces from time to time. At the moment we have only half a seat and are trying to figure out what sort it is before asking for info or what the rest looks like, a few new bits have been bought out of Germany from Gelloman which were a front and rear hub the rear with brake plate and the steel sections of the brake shoes,also a new set of forks which come with a new spring,both vertical pushrods,rockers for the wheel to mount in and all the nuts and bolts ready to go also we got steering head races. The 1916 was found by the owner on a property dump in outback Queensland in the Longreach area the property belonging to one of his mates, but it took around 10 years for him to finaly aquire it as people out there see things like that as a handy piece of steel to repair something else so when he decided to sell the place my friend was told to take it before a new owner was found. Along with that he also picked up 1919 Buick,a incomplete early FN car,an early Dodge made into a ute,and a lot of T Ford stuff, and the stories of what is on neighbouring properties is amazing.

Best wishes and thanks
      John Finch.

Comment

Hi John

Welcome from South East Qld :-)

Cheers
        Steve
        1914 P&M
        1915 Indian (project)
        1930 M50 Panther
        1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

Welcome Treasure, and I think one of you "locals" (ahem...panthersteve) needs to hop on your classic motorcycle and get on over to Treasure's house to show him how to upload a photo or two! Good excuse for a ride before it gets too cold... and the benefit to us is that we'll get to see the 1916 Powerplus project!
          Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
            Welcome Treasure, and I think one of you "locals" (ahem...panthersteve) needs to hop on your classic motorcycle and get on over to Treasure's house to show him how to upload a photo or two! Good excuse for a ride before it gets too cold... and the benefit to us is that we'll get to see the 1916 Powerplus project!

What a good idea, I am always keen to see what others are doing and although I haven't posted pics here yet I am happy to help if needed. John, if you would like a visit pm your number and I'll give you a call and see if we can arrange something.

Cheers
            Steve
            1914 P&M
            1915 Indian (project)
            1930 M50 Panther
            1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

Originally posted by treasure View Post
              Thanks for the welcome Cory, with the Indians I will surely be on the forum looking for bits and pieces from time to time. At the moment we have only half a seat and are trying to figure out what sort it is before asking for info or what the rest looks like, a few new bits have been bought out of Germany from Gelloman which were a front and rear hub the rear with brake plate and the steel sections of the brake shoes,also a new set of forks which come with a new spring,both vertical pushrods,rockers for the wheel to mount in and all the nuts and bolts ready to go also we got steering head races. The 1916 was found by the owner on a property dump in outback Queensland in the Longreach area the property belonging to one of his mates, but it took around 10 years for him to finaly aquire it as people out there see things like that as a handy piece of steel to repair something else so when he decided to sell the place my friend was told to take it before a new owner was found. Along with that he also picked up 1919 Buick,a incomplete early FN car,an early Dodge made into a ute,and a lot of T Ford stuff, and the stories of what is on neighbouring properties is amazing.

Best wishes and thanks
              John Finch.
              Now that's what we like to hear around here John... stories!!! Great stuff....
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Hi Panthersteve,
                thanks for the welcome and if I had half a brain I would be able to send you a pm but I am totaly lost here and not sure how it is done. So if you don't mind doing it in reverse then Iwill gladly call to orginise a visit,I hope that is ok with you.
                Regards John.

Comment

G'day Cory,
                  mate if you like stories I have one for you about teaching myself to ride my first bike and some of the dumb things one dose to one self but lives to tell the tale, you will think I was the three stooges rolled into one after reading this. Iwill have to sit down at a later date though as I don't have time just now to do it as I type sloooooow one finger in fact.
                  Thanks mate,
                  John.

Comment

Hi John

PM sent, if you have trouble getting to it you need to click on the "Private Messages" tab near the top of the page.

Cheers
                    Steve
                    1914 P&M
                    1915 Indian (project)
                    1930 M50 Panther
                    1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

Originally posted by treasure View Post
                      G'day Cory,
                      mate if you like stories I have one for you about teaching myself to ride my first bike and some of the dumb things one dose to one self but lives to tell the tale, you will think I was the three stooges rolled into one after reading this. Iwill have to sit down at a later date though as I don't have time just now to do it as I type sloooooow one finger in fact.
                      Thanks mate,
                      John.
                      Looking forward to hearing that one John! We all have our moments...
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                      X