Side Car model and value information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Car model and value information

I am looking for some information on this sidecar. I would like to know what model does it fit and what the value may be. I believe all the mounting hardware is with it. I only have the 4 pictures. Thanks for any help. Mark.

Well the taillight on it is 55-72 and the mounting changed in 58 with the swingarm so you can take it from there. If you look in a parts book you can see the difference in mounting hardware. That's all I can offer and I'm sure the real knowledgeable folks will chime in and take you to the next level.

Comment

The fender looks to be a swingarm style, too.
      VPH-D

Comment

Mark,

There should be a serial number/vin number stamped on the frame right about where the muffler is on a bike just forward of the axle/brake cross shaft. That will tell you the year for sure. I agree it looks like a late rigid frame or swing arm frame one but without shots of the hardware and how it attaches to the bike I can't tell. As said above get a parts book and you can see the differnce in mounting hardware between rigid and swing arms. What year bike would you be trying to mount it to? If you are trying to put it on a rigid you need to make sure you have the correct front exhaust pipe or you have to modify it by beating it in where the front bar mounts through the side car loops on the frame. It is also tough to get the upper bracket in place with the tanks on as it sits right below the tanks and clamps to the two frame down tubes. The heads make it difficult to do with the tanks on. If it's going on a swing arm bike the lower mounts clamp to the lower part of the down tubes. Don't forget all the brake hardware and rods and stuff too. As far as value any where from $2500 and up depending on the market and how bad you want it. Good Luck!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
        AMCA # 12766

Comment

I have the side car at my house and it is a 1966. Serial number 66 LE 1155. It looks like the front upper frame mount is missing and some interior pieces. I was told that the upper frame piece was more than likely still on the bike because the tanks need to be removed from the bike to install this mount so it is likely it was never removed from the bike when the sidecar was removed. I don`t know where to start with a price so I figure that $5000.00 or best offer would be a good place. The frame and tub are in great shape with some damage to the fender, easy fix I am sure. If there is any interest please let me know. Thank you. Mark.

I am in Taberg New York which is approx 55 miles east of Syracuse.

Comment

I could only post 10 pictures so I need to add in two more.

Comment

Working...
            X