Cycleray Headlight Mounting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycleray Headlight Mounting Question

Sorry if this has been asked (and answered) before, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I am trying to properly mount a Guide Cycleray Headlamp on a 1946.

In the Parts manual it indicates that on the stud (4905-29), there is #0231W "Headlight Bolt Washer" (flat on one side, convex on the other), #0265 Lock Washer, and #0134 "Headlight Fastening Nut" in that order.

I have these three proper pieces of hardware on my headlamp stud.

My question is, should the headlight shell go right down on the bracket, with #0231W under the bracket, convex side up, followed by LW and Nut?

This seems to be the only way to assemble, since if the #0231W is between the headlight and bracket with the convex side down, the #0265 LW is smaller than the hole in the bracket and the whole thing would just slip through the bracket hole. My instinct is that the shell would not go down on the bracket without the washer in between, but without another washer underneath the bracket, it wouldn't work.

Sorry if it is considered a dumb question!

Thanks
    Jim
    AMCA #466

Goes right down on the bracket, Jim. That way, it can be rolled around and aimed as the bracket fits in the depression in the bottom of the headlight shell. The convex washer goes under the bracket, filling the underside of that "bump" that fits the headlight, providing a flat surface on its bottom for the LW and nut. Hope this helps.
    Gerry Lyons #607
    http://www.37ul.com/
    http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Perfect! Thank you very much for the information!
      I was just a bit concerned about the "paint on paint" mounting between the headlamp shell and the bracket.

Can I throw another question at you?
      I understand that the headlight wires are connected without terminals - just looped and soldered.
      Question - are they soldered into an "U" shape, or into a full loop, effectively creating a ring terminal?

Thanks again!
      Jim
      AMCA #466

Comment

Full ring shape.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Great - Thanks for the help!
          Jim
          AMCA #466

Comment

Working...