1950 Indian Arrow with ski set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Indian Arrow with ski set up

I wanted to post a few pictures of my wifes 1950 Arrow with the ski setup and a upclose picture of the rear tractor style tire. The pictures show various versions of my bike. I had a restored set of wheels installed but had some rust bleed through so I sent them back out for repair. I only had one Vangaurd style spot light but have since acquired an original pair and have those installed now. I installed a front fender tip and fender bumper but am still in search for a rear fender tip. I also recently installed the windshield using the correct angle brackets and extended nuts that mount it on top of the forks tubes. I will upload more pictures as I take them. Thanks to Jim at Southwest Vintage for all his help with the bike. Mark

Last edited by Mark Jennings; 03-03-2013, 07:30 PM.

Really nice bike! Now, for the $50 question.....how does it perform in the snow?
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

That looks like the makin's of some winter fun! Thanks for posting Mark!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Where did you find the skis? Only place I have ever seen a set is at the Springfield Museums (formerly the Indian Museum).

Thanks for posting!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Hi Guys, I have not had a opportunity to try it in the snow this year. I don`t know what the maximum snow depth would be that these were designed to be used. I may try in the spring as some of the snow pack in my backyard begins to melt.

I actually got the skis from a very good friend of mine. I was able to get the skis and rear tire together. I know they are rare and not often seen. I will have the bike at Oley this year in case anyone wants to see it in person. Thanks again for the positive feedback. Mark.

Comment

http://www.explorermoto.com/en/affic...e=19&langue=en

Someday, maybe these ^^^ Will be rare and valuable, too.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

If anyone visits the motorcyclepedia museum in newburgh ny there's an arrow there with the skis also. I first saw the the bike in 1987 then it turned up at the museum in 2011.

Comment

Here is another Indian Warrior with skis and Indian script snow tire. I owned this bike a few years back and sold it to the Barber Vintage Motorsport Museum where it is proudly displayed (see photo). Another bike I never should have sold, it seems like every museum wants one, and I can see why, what a great piece of history.
                indian-6.jpg 99T.JPG

Comment

Working...
                X