Old BSA For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old BSA For Sale

Thought I'd post here since this looks pretty old. An acquaintance decided to try and sell this BSA. He's not into old bikes and isn't sure where to advertise it nor is he sure what the value might be. I'm not sure what year it is and I don't know if he knows either. Sorry, not sure of alot of things but maybe the pic will help those familiar with them. If anyone is interested let me know and I can get you his contact info or view it in person and get specific info for you. Its located 30 miles or so east of Pittsburgh
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Skirted; 02-22-2013, 09:37 PM.
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

I venture it's a "Bantam," post WWII, I think 125ccs, and based on the pre-war 2-stroke German DKW patents, which were voided during WWII. Very, very similar to its "cousins," the Harley 125 and 165, generically called the "Hummer," which lasted until 1966. I don't think it's worth a lot in its present condition, pretty rusted out. But we may have some Brit aficionados who see something useful on it.
    Gerry Lyons #607
    http://www.37ul.com/
    http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

I'm no expert on those little fellers but I think Sarge is correct. It looks like it could be a late '40's Bantam. I wouldn't think it would be worth a whole lot either but somebody might be out there laying awake at night pining for one.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
        I'm no expert on those little fellers but I think Sarge is correct. It looks like it could be a late '40's Bantam. I wouldn't think it would be worth a whole lot either but somebody might be out there laying awake at night pining for one.
        "little fellers" Got a belly aching laugh out of that Cory. Its very fitting! Thanks for the feedback guys. I had searched prior to posting and couldn't find anything that resembled it but after searching BSA Bantam, indeed Sarge nailed it alright. Owner said it was left in the proverbial barn on the property he bought.
        Jason Zerbini

Comment

Glad to hear you got a kick out of that Jason. Bike in a barn story eh? Best of luck to your acquaintance on his sale.
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

First Bantam came out in 1948, last rigid frame model in 1956 so its somewhere between 1948 and 1956.
            Its not a competition model for several reasons, mudguards and exhaust pipe to name two of those reasons. Competition models are more desireable.
            In NZ a mint Bantam like the one pictured is worth between $2500 to $3000, a tidy, titled, example $1800 to $2000, a complete runner between $1200 to $1500 and a roughy like that between $400 to $600
            I realise NZ is not USA but nobody seems to be answering your question re what it is worth.
            Hope this helps
            Last edited by Tommo; 02-23-2013, 06:10 PM. Reason: spelling
            Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
            A.M.C.A. # 2777
            Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

I spent a number of years playing with BSA's although not the Bantam. I'm not qualified to give an exact number but I think the dollar figures that you presented Tommo are pretty darn close to what it would be worth just about anywhere.
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
                First Bantam came out in 1948, last rigid frame model in 1956 so its somewhere between 1948 and 1956.
                Its not a competition model for several reasons, mudguards and exhaust pipe to name two of those reasons. Competition models are more desireable.
                In NZ a mint Bantam like the one pictured is worth between $2500 to $3000, a tidy, titled, example $1800 to $2000, a complete runner between $1200 to $1500 and a roughy like that between $400 to $600
                I realise NZ is not USA but nobody seems to be answering your question re what it is worth.
                Hope this helps
                Thank you Peter for taking the time to respond with more detail. Very much appreciated!
                Jason Zerbini

Comment

Regardless of it's value, that is a cute bike and would be a perfect Dad, and Son project, or great to putt around meets. I really like the fenders and the raised center rib.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                  X