Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from North Jersey

Hello fellow members,

Bought my dream motorcycle a 1946 Indian Chief around mid of last year. Since I was a kid, was always drawn towards antique motorcycles. At 31 was able to realize my dream of owning one last year. Used to ride an 2007 Softail Deluxe for 5 years, enjoy riding my Indian much more, it is way more fun . I bought the bike from California, it was a barn find, has matching engine and frame numbers, original front end, original tins except for generator cover, chain guard and tool box. My friend Pete Minardi from Whippany, NJ helped a lot with bringing it to a mechanically sound condition. I would highly recommend Pete's shop for any of your motorcycle needs.
    After purchasing the bike have had the exhaust replaced, kicker assembly replaced, spark plug wiring, installed luggage rack, installed rear view mirrors, installed correct engine guard & original sun burst horn. Saving up to buy a correct original speedometer from Terry .
    The previous owner started a full restoration on the barn find, so frame has been powder coated, engine gone thru, guess he tried painting the bike himself .

Look forward to learning a lot from members on this forum.

Regards,
    Sunny.
    Attached Files

Hey, welcome Sunny! Nice pictures of a nice looking bike (I'm partial to the 346 Indian for some reason!)
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Nice bike. I am just getting to Indians as well with a 40 SS I got in Dec.
      Bob Selph
      1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
      1940 Sport Scout
      AMCA#15215

Comment

Welcome aboard Sunny! Nice Chief ya got there!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Thanks Harry, Bob and Cory for the warm welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X