Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I install the engine and transmission together with plates on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I install the engine and transmission together with plates on?

1940 Scout
    I got my engine and transmission back assembled with plates attached.
    If I lift the back well can I install it together?
    Attached Files

If I remember right, I just dropped the center part of the frame down in and then bolted on the back. Had my frame apart. Looked at my photo's, might have to take one side of the plates off to help git things in all lined up. I can't really remember, but I dont think it was to big a deal. Those who know will be along shortly I am sure, your engine / trans look good! Wish you lots of luck with it, go Sport Scout's !!!

Comment

You should be able to just like Tom said nut I prefer to put the two in separately myself.
      20scout

Comment

It fit like a glove...

I had to take the right side plates off and after 4 hours and 3 times in and out it fit like a glove.
        Thanks Tom.
        Does anybody know where I can find torque specs on the engine mountings ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Right on, torque specs - good an tight :-) I put lock tight on myself and check them ever so often, never loose yet - 23 years. Your Scouts looking awesome !! Hope you love the heck out of it, I sure do mine. Sport Scouts are a great machine!

Comment

WP_20130208_003.jpg

so far so good,
            I have the engine in and the oil line in, generator in, kick starter on and everything torqued down, next is the foot pedals and linkage.
            I do have a concern about the rear spark plug, it is only 1/2 inch from the gas tank, any recommendations? Is there a shorter plug I could use?
            Thanks
            Rick

Comment

That's the way they were I believe, I cut down a wrench just for that and keep it in my tool box.

Comment

I run a Champion L86C or KIWI's repro plugs work good too. Like Tom, I had to cut down a plug wrench to fit.
                20scout

Comment

My concern was that the plug would arc to the tank. 1/4 inch seems pretty close?

Comment

Indian made a plug wrench, you can find them on ebay.

Comment

she is alive...

Comment

Working...
                      X