CL350 Honda Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL350 Honda Project

I've been looking for an Jap bike in decent shape to add to the other garage junk. So I picked this up from a buddy here in town for a song and a dance (OK a $100 bill and a cheap Enfield rifle). It's got new brakes, points, tires, and rebuilt carbs. It cleaned up real nice but was firing on one cylinder only. In the process of sealing the tank now. I was cleaning it out and noticed a pin hole that turned into about 6 pin holes after sanding down the paint. Should be on the road this week end.
    Attached Files
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Louie,

That was my first bike in 1977. (well, not that exact one) It was the same color, paint sceme, and scrambler pipes. I rode it all over, did lots of trails, and rode the highways to get there. Good luck with it.

Comment

Should have it at the FLA, Denton, and Wauseon meets, going to use it around town for work and at the meets.....My first Bike (see pic) my dad brought home along with a cub for my brother...I think he got them from a local bike club in southern Ohio back in the late 60's...hummmm
      Attached Files
      Louie
      YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

You know.... "You meet the nicest people on a Honda"! I still have my first bike which I got in 1972 and rode it "in the trails". It is a '65 Honda CB160. I finished fixing it up/restoring it last Summer 2012 and I ride it all the time now too! Just scooting around with it.

I am not sure if I would've traded the Enfield though... hmmm

Jim
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Best of luck. I brought my '69 CB350 to the Rhinebeck show last year. Took a long time to get that running on both cylinders. Make sure you've got a strong battery in it, and the carbs are spotless!
          Member # 18376 - According to the AMCA guidelines, I'm 1 year from being classified "antique"
          1969 Honda CB350 - Winner's Circle 2014
          1972 Norton Commando Combat (In process)

Comment

I took the Honda to the Sunshine meet where it scored 91 points. This just goes to show that you can buy a decent Japanese bike, clean it, tune it, and with not much effort or money, have a Junior first bike. Although I may not do it, it wouldn't take much to make it a senior bike.
            Louie
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

My first bike was a CL175... and my second was a CB360T, which was stolen when I was living in Fayetteville, NC.

I would LOVE a CL175 again.

When I was out at the Monterey Historic Races this past summer, there was a team tent (they had about 6 original Shelby Cobras inside) with 4 CL175 'pit bikes' all painted in their team color and for putting around the race track. All 1975... same year as mine. Other than the paint, all perfect and original. I asked if they would sell one and they laughed at me. Said they could sell all 4 at every race... so many people ask.

I got my CL175 in 1982. I rode it everywhere, including one epic trip from Northern Vermont to the Centrum in Worcester, Ma. to see Jethro Tull. 4.5 hours each way with that thing buzzing like a saw. But worth it! If I'd set my mind to ride to California, it would have done it. Great little machines.

One of these days...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Never had a CL175...but I have seen Jethro Tull several times...used to be one of the best live concert bands out there! Too Old to Rock and Roll...Too Young to Die!
                Louie
                YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Working...
                X