Jim McClean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim McClean

A good friend, AMCA judge, and fine person lost his life while riding dirt bikes in Mexico last week with his buddiies.

"James G. “Jim” McLean, a regular winter visitor to Lakeside, died Monday, December 3 from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident two days earlier. He was 61.

Born April 5, 1951 in London, Ontario, McLean attended Seneca College in Toronto and enjoyed a long career as a mold, tool and dye maker in the city of his birth. His interests were largely focused on the restoration of antique Harley motorcycles and he belonged to at least two groups with members of the same interest.

McLean took regular motorcycle trips with groups devoted to this pastime during his winter visits to Lakeside over the past four years.

He is survived by his wife, Kathie Cunningham of Ajijic, a brother John McLean (wife Shirley) of London, Ontario, niece Marisa McLean of Woodstock, Ontario and cousin, Bill Saunders of Blenheim, Ontario.

A memorial service will be held Tuesday, December 11, 10 a.m. with interment in the Garden Columbarium of St. Andrew’s Anglican Church in Riberas del Pilar. A reception will follow.

His wife requests that, in lieu of flowers, those wishing to make donations in McLean’s memory direct them to either the Regalorama or to the Capital Campaign of St. Andrew’s Anglican Church."James G. “Jim” McLean, a regular winter visitor to Lakeside, died Monday, December 3 from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident two days earlier. He was 61.
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

The motorcycle community lost a real treasure - rest in peace Jim

Comment

I understand that Jim was broadsided by a drunk in a car or truck who ran a stop sign. Will miss you Jim.

Comment

John Pierce sent me an email and pics regarding Jim's passing. RIP Jim...

http://knucklebuster1939.blogspot.co...im-mclean.html

Comment

I've always had a lot of respect for Jim. He was a real gentleman and was a pleasure to talk with at the meets. He will be missed. RIP brother.

Comment

Jim will be greatly missed, he was a really nice guy and a great machinest, I bought several sets of the 36knuck sidecar loops that he made, RIP Jim, Larry

Comment

I am shocked to read this. He was an excellent Harley guy and I will always regret not buying his 1936 knucklehead years back. As they said, a great guy.
              Ross

Comment

RIP jim

1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                1940 indian chief military
                1965 sportster xlch
                1969 sportster xlch bobber
                1971 bsa A65 chopper
                1969 harley ss350 sprint
                1960 harley topper
                1963 harley topper
                H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                1959 harley model 165
                1960 harley super 10
                1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Thanks for posting this aka HAWG...Great picture of Jim may he RIP....

Comment

May the Lord's Perpetual Light shine upon him now and forever.
                    Denise

Comment

Working...
                    X