Topper side car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topper side car

Does anyone have a picture of the down tube that is part of the Topper frame and attaches to
    the Topper side car? I am trying to fabricate a down tube for my '60 Topper.
    Thanks
    '57 Hummer
    '60 Topper
    '42 WLA
    '34 HD flathead
    '73 HD Shortster
    '26 HD JD

You should drop Richard Duda a note. He'es somewhere on this forum. He is encyclopedic about the Toppers and has a lot of old parts. There is also a guy in Wappakanetta, OH (I am sure I butchered that) who is a Topper restorer and has mountains of parts and, I am sure, the drawings/pictures you are looking for.

BTW, my better half just bought herself a 1964 Topper. She'll be the second owner! She's tired of missing all the AMCA fun. She even bought it on her own... not one of those "I'm buying this for you honey" deals... when it's really for me. She was really into having her own vintage bike! I offered her my DL to ride, but the hand shift intimidates her too much.

She saw a Topper at the AACA Museum in Hershey last fall and fell in love with it. The '64 she bought belonged to a friend of mine who inherited it from his Uncle. He bought it new in '64, rode it for one season and put it away. It's like new... unrestored but mint. I rode it in about 1992 and it's a hoot!!!

I'll post pictures when it gets here! Nice list of machines you have there!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Sirhr......... thanks for the information.... Richard D has exactly what I need.
      Thanks, again
      '57 Hummer
      '60 Topper
      '42 WLA
      '34 HD flathead
      '73 HD Shortster
      '26 HD JD

Comment

I make the two brackets that attach the Topper sidecar to the Topper. I will try to post a picture here. Contact me at duda@rduda.com. Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X