New from CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from CT

Hello...I'm a new AMCA member and excited to join the Forum. Developed a new appreciation for antique motorcycles (thanks Rhinebeck Swap Meet) and am slowly learning about motorcycle history. Have been thinking about taking the plunge into a purchase but as usual what I like typically out of my budget. Have a real respect for the Knuckle and early Panheads.

Look forward to reading members' posts, learning, and participating where I can.

Welcome to Yankee Country !!

Pans and flatheads are great bikes to get involved in the hobby. They are great riders, reliable, servicable, and the parts and info is plentiful.

When you are ready to look at something for sale, drop me a note.

Dan
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Glad to see another recent addition to our wonderful hobby. Save your lunch money, and pull the trigger ASAP, the costs are not going to go down. $10K might be a good starting point, depending on several factors. Find a mentor if you can, that will be of more help than you can measure. The old timers are leaving us way too soon, and some of the great wisdom will be buried too. Antique motorcycles is a serious endeavor, and if "the cost" becomes an issue, it may influence your choices. I know this much... in the end, you'll be glad you bought an antique motorcycle. Welcome to the AMCA.

Comment

DanM and ChiefTwoKicks....thanks for the replies.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!! I can see how exposure to a show like Rhinebeck could cause one to suffer from "antique fever". It happens to the best of us. Best of luck with your hunt for an old machine. ChiefTwoKicks is right... you'll be glad when you get your hands on an old bike. So glad in fact that you'll have to have another one... and another one....
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Welcome colemanre, it has been my experience in life, that if you want something enough, you will make it happen. The great thing about any hobby is; it gives you a lifetime of reward, exposes you to different people, and sets you apart from the rest of the herd,(in a good way). This antique motorcycle hobby is one of the best because it has history, great people, a supporting organization (AMCA), and LOUD MOTORCYCLES. The deeper you get into it, the better it gets.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Comment

Working...
              X