Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Motor Mount needed

Gentlemen,

I am looking for a top motor mount cross-bracket, a photo, and some other details for my 1964 XLCH as follows:

1. Does anyone have top motor mount cross bracket P/N 69031-57 (with the bend and holes for the horn) that they would wish to sell, or know where I might find one (in addition to fleese-Bay) ? I'm currently using top motor mount cross-bracket P/N 69031-57 which I thought was correct, but there is no way to mount the horn to it. As seen in the Sportster parts book (1955 to 1965), the one I currently have is shown on the page with the cylinder heads, and the one I should have is on the page with the horn. Both are listed under the same part number. Needless to say, I need the one on the horn page. I've seen the one in Ted's catalogue (VT-31-5012). It's probably chrome plated, so I would have to pay to have it stripped and Cad-plated, but it can probably due until I can find an OEM.

2. A picture of the carburator outer control cable, clamped to the bracket at the manifold. I have the correct bracket (27448-57) and purchased the cable clamp from Old Dude (9965). But things don't line up correctly.

3. After several years of searching, I found the correct horn about year or so ago in excellent condition. But it doesn't have the bracket. If I remember correctly, that bracket was comprised of two or three straight pieces of thin steel stock that were drilled on both ends for the horn and the motor mount bracket. Can anyone give me the details of the horn bracket (number of plys, hole locations, measurements and other geometry) so I can make up a set?

Thanks,
    Bill Pedalino
    Last edited by billpedalino; 10-21-2012, 05:00 PM.
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

have the horn mount you need.send me a pm thank you

Comment

Working...
    X