Del Schumacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Del Schumacher

It is with great sorrow that I am posting to let you know that Del Schumacher has passed away. Del was diagnosed with lung and liver cancer shortly after our meet. This cancer
    was a rapid growing cancer and they gave Del 3 to 6 weeks to live. Del’s
    condition deteriorated greatly this past week. He passed away peacefully this morning with Wanda
    holding his hand. I do not have details of the funeral arrangments yet but will post when I get them.
    Christina his daughter has requested that we all ride our motorcycles in the funeral procession.This was a wish of Del's. So please have your bikes ready. Lets all show our respect for our great leader. We will miss Del greatly. He was the foundation of our club and gave many years of service for Chief Blackhawk and the National AMCA.

Brenda Teel-Lash Chief Blackhawk

this is a great loss to the Chief Blackhawk and the AMCA, Del will be remembered by the many friends he has all around this country. I met Del over 25 years ago when I first went to "the big one at Davenport" after just a few minutes I felt like we had known each other for years.
    I will miss you BUDDY
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

I will always cherish the saturday lunches with Del,Smitty,Bob Mclean,Jerry and others.I'll have a beer for you Del.,,,Roger

Comment

Condolences to Wanda and family.
        Steve Little
        Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
        Australia.
        AMCA member 1950

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear of Del's passing, and my sincere condolences to Wanda and the family. Del and I spent five years together on the AMCA Board and he was always a straight shooter working hard for the overall benefit of our Club and our hobby. He will be missed.

Comment

I am saddened by Del’s passing. Del’s dedication to the Blackhawk’s, the Davenport meet and AMCA was an inspiration for me to become more involved with Lake Erie Chapter and National AMCA. A true gentleman that will be missed by all that knew him. Condolences to Wanda and family.
            Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Although I did not know Del as well as some, any interaction and conversation with him was always with a positive outlook on the A.M.C.A. He always seemed to be a straight shooter and was a very down to earth person. Again from my limited interaction, I can tell he will be sorely missed throughout the club. R.I.P
              D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

RIP Friend

Comment

Wanda has finalized the services for Del. The visitation will be Wednesday, at Weerts Funeral Home, 3625 Jersey Ridge Road, Davenport, IA, from 3:00 to 8:00.

The funeral is Thursday, at 10:00, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, 2136 Brady St., Davenport.

There will be a lunch after the services at the Keppy Building at the Fairgrounds.

Scott Ales will also be calling on anyone who would like to share a remembrance of Del. Wanda would like people to share positive memories, as there are so many good memories. She’d also like to encourage people to ride their bikes.
                  Brenda

Comment

May the Lord's Perpetual Light shine upon him now and forever.
                    Denise

Comment

http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshowA few photos

Comment

Del will be missed by a large number of friends, our thoughts go out to Wanda over Her loss, R.I.P. Del. Shelby and Gloria Withrow

Comment

Condolences to Wanda and family. We were away, and missed this sad news. We were hoping to meet up with Del and Wanda at the Las Vegas auctions, which Del really enjoyed.
                          Pete an Mary Jane Gagan

Comment

Great article with blurbs from friends and collegues in the current winter issue of the magazine! R.I.P.

Tom ( Rollo) Hardy
                            AMCA #12766

Comment

Working...
                            X