Hey, from upstate NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, from upstate NY

I've been hangin around and enjoyin this site for a while n figgered its bout time to say hi. I've been ridin for about 37 yrs. n lookin foward to another 37. We'll be heading to Maggie Valley in a few days for my first road run, woohoo.
    Last edited by sprglde; 09-25-2012, 07:17 AM.

I'll say welcome! So.... what kind of antique bike are you riding?
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Yes... definitely... welcome!!! Let's hear about the sickle/s!!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Hi guys, I have a '77 Superglide that I bought new (and am taking to Maggie Valley tomorrow for their road run), a '69 Triumph Bonneville bobber I built a coupla years ago, a '72 Bonneville kinda stock, n a '92 bagger.

no pics of the 72.

Comment

Nice pics and almost a trip down memory lane for me. Also from Upstate NY , rode a 67 Bonneville to college till I had enough to buy a new 74 Trident. Had a 1979 FXE fatbob superglide.

Comment

The harley gods have surely smiled upon me because divine intervention had to have helped me get this beauty. Friday mornin there was nothin new on cl, then while waiting to punch out I looked again n this pan popped up, coupla calls, a run to the bank, took off fer Ohio sat. am n sunday afternoon I was ridin my new pan down my road. The owner n his family were awesome folks, shared a lot of stories about the 31 years he enjoyed this bike, threw in a pile of extras, n he just about lost it after we loaded it up. I assured him I will love n care for this bike as he did n I think that helped ease his pain.I figger less than $100 n a ton of tlc n it'll be even more perfect. Thats it now, Im done, no more bikes...no really..
            3Ma3F73Hf5I55N15M9d4jba04a40603d2159c-20130423-143151.jpg3K93Lc3Nf5N95Eb5Jad4jae92a4f858381ef9-20130423-143208.jpg
            Last edited by sprglde; 04-26-2013, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Looking good sprglde. A Duo-Glide is a smooth comfortable ride. Looks like it started life as a police machine.
              Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

I was told it came from the Mansfield, Oh. PD. The guy I bought it from stripped the paint from the front end and nacelle. An antique bike nut friend sez it may be original paint since it is so thin and over a brown primer. His thoughts are; the factory used a browm primer and that when bikes were repainted in the 70's or 80's either the original paint was scuffed n painted over or if it was stripped new paint almost always was layered on. Makes sense, but I see no factory paint lookin like this, could it be special order for the pd, dunno. I was hoping to get it eye balled in Oley but I need to go over the whole bike first so I'll hafta wait till Rhinebeck. Any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
                Last edited by sprglde; 04-26-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Well isn't that a dandy? Congrats on the new scoop! No more bikes.... really?
                  Cory Othen
                  Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                  X