6 volt battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 volt battery

I made the mistake of buying a "made in India" battery for my Harley WLA. Is there a good 6 volt battery out there? Any help would be appreciated. I really don't want to convert to 12 volt. Thanks. LeRoy

LeRoy......Remy used to make a good one, but don't handle them any longer. Harley Davidson dealers have a 6v that they sell for about $70. I bought one this spring and it seemes to be a decent quality....Rod

Comment

Ditto on the HD batteries.
      I have a dozen anitques running righ now and except for my Indian I have HD batteries in all of them. Just go to the local HD shop and if they don't carry them in stock they can have one for you in a couple of days.

Tom(Rollo)Hardy
      AMCA # 12766

Comment

Lately I have seen problems with the HD batterys not keeping proper volts.check after a couple days sitting.The v-twin battery[not the small post]has held up for many years in my bike

Comment

I had good luck with Harley 6V batteries for years, but the last one I got was junk. The parts guy at the dealer said they had a bad batch, so the problem may or may not be resolved by now.

Comment

What a coincidence. I'm having battery problems with an 6V H-D battery that is 2 years old. It held a good charge for all that time until 1 week ago. Now it has a dead cell. I took it out of the bike about 2 month ago because I was going through my transmission. I put it on a wooden shelf for storage and just reinstalled it last week. I put it on a trickle charger and that was it's death knell. I'm sick of foreign junk.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

at least with a h-d battery you get a refund if its not good.2 to 3 years is about all you get out of one. your right about foreign items there all made with a quick replacement time or not to work at all.

Comment

My guess is that the HD batteries are old stock and corrosion of the lead is the problem .Same with The Wisco and champion H12 that v-twin has-no good

Comment

Have you heard of the unit Erdos is producing? I got one a few months ago and it is spectacular in looks and operation.
                  joekam

Comment

The HD battery in my 46 FL is six years old and still strong, the same battery in my 47WL is almost as old and doing well despite minimal use.
                    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Working...
                    X