Early Indian Primer Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Indian Primer Cup

Seeking an original "primer cup" for an early, 1908-1909 and later, Indian motocycle. Believe it to have a 1/4" X 28 threaded bottom that threads into the top of the intake valve dome.

Originally posted by talbot-2 View Post
    Seeking an original "primer cup" for an early, 1908-1909 and later, Indian motocycle. Believe it to have a 1/4" X 28 threaded bottom that threads into the top of the intake valve dome.
    Still seeking an original "primer cup" for an early 1908-1909 Indian motocycle.

Comment

I have some primer cups from a teens stash that I got overseas about a dozen years ago. Do you have a picture of what one should look like?
      Mark Masa
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
        I have some primer cups from a teens stash that I got overseas about a dozen years ago. Do you have a picture of what one should look like?
        Mark Masa

Thank you for the reply. The first photo is a reproduction primer cup. The second photo is of a late 1908 - 1909 Indian diamond frame twin model. The third photo is of a 1909 Indian loop frame single model. The primer cup has 1/4" X 28 threaded bottom that threads into the top of the intake valve dome as pictured in photos two (2) and three (3).

Oil Cap, early style.jpg-----Late 1908-1909 Diamond Frame Twin Original.jpg-----1909 Indian Orig Primer Manifold.jpg
        Last edited by talbot-2; 04-14-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by talbot-2 View Post
          Thank you for the reply. The first photo is a reproduction primer cup. The second photo is of a late 1908 - 1909 Indian diamond frame twin model. The third photo is of a 1909 Indian loop frame single model. The primer cup has 1/4" X 28 threaded bottom that threads into the top of the intake valve dome as pictured in photos two (2) and three (3).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10817[/ATTACH]-----[ATTACH=CONFIG]10818[/ATTACH]-----[ATTACH=CONFIG]10819[/ATTACH]
          Found an original NOS "primer cup" at Oley last week.

Comment

Was it at that spot that I sent you over to?
            Mark Masa
            Mark Masa
            www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
              Was it at that spot that I sent you over to?
              Mark Masa
              Yes, but in a round about way. That guy had had them but sold all of them to someone else late Thursday afternoon. I found out who purchased them and purchased a couple from him. Thanks for the lead. They were NOS. Just perfect! Installed it before I had the cycle judged on Saturday. Just perfect!!!

Comment

Working...
              X