36 Marvel carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 Marvel carb

Here is a question about the 36 marvel carb. I had mine apart, and there is a tube that comes from the intake to a hole in the top of the foat chamber. If the gasket doesn't have a cutout this hole doesn't do a bit of good. Does anyone know what this vent to the front of the carb intake is for? I'm thinking maybe a flaot chamber bleed incase of a stuck float? Any thoughts, Stan

Stan!

I has been years since I held one in my hands, so my own photos confuse me as much as the literature;

Could you be referring to the tube with an arrow in my attachment?
    It has me at a loss, although it extends from the exit, rather than the intake.

Wasn't the float chamber vent at the eccentric loop in the gasket, through a hole in the top casting?

Hopefully this may stimulate someone's better memory,
    or at least someone who has one to photograph in better detail.

....Cotten
    Attached Files
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-28-2012, 07:53 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

T.Cotten First thanks for the answer to my carb question. The tube I am refering to, is in the intake just before the butterfly about 3/4 of a inch from the front end of the inlet. This tube is connected to a hole in the float chamber top where the threads are to hold the top on. If you look at the top the hole almost looks like one of the threaded holes, but it isn't.. I am trying to figure if this hole is a float chamber drain if the float sticks open, or a vent. If so a piece of the gasket should be cut away from the inside of the hole. With the top on the only flow to the pipe connected to the intake will be the thickness of the gasket. If you wern't confused from the first post this one should do it. Thanks Stan

Comment

Working...
      X