Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the correct speedometer for a 1946 Indian Cheif

Hi All,

I recently bought a 1946 Indian Chief. The speedometer requires some work, the needle goes all crazy and the mileage does not work. The chief came with the attached speedometer, I would like to know if this is a correct speedometer for a 1946 Indian Chief?

If it is then I would like to get it restored any recommendations of good restoration shops?

From what I have seen searching on the forums the 1946 came with a red bar speedometer, on the other hand I did see one article where there was a picture of the same speedometer as my bike and it stated it was correct for a 1946 Indian Cheif.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Sunny.

06202012 021.jpg

The speedometer you have is a KIWI Indian after market. Maybe they can repair it for you? It may work but it is not correct.
    If you look under Custom Tools, Corbin Speedometer's, on the this page you will see the correct speedometer.
    I have a correct speedometer for sale. The original one sometimes don't have a red bar as it faded.
    marsh1915hd@msn.com

Comment

Hi Marsh,

Thanks for your quick response. It's funny you mentioned Kiwi Indian, I bought my motorcycle from Kiwi Mike. Sent you another email requesting for price on the 1946 Speedometer to your msn address.

Regards,
      Sunny.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnybamrah View Post
        If it is then I would like to get it restored any recommendations of good restoration shops?
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]8697[/ATTACH]
        Sunny, I'll heartily endorse Terry Marsh....
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Harry,

Thanks for your input. I am working with Terry to get a correct speedometer for my motorcycle.

Regards,
          Sunny.

Comment

Working...
          X